Topics

Janome Artistic Digitizer - software issues anyone - need advice?

Mary Decker

I just purchased Artistic Digitizer software, but haven't opened the package yet as some members of the Janome Facebook group are experiencing problems and not getting Janome to resolve this after almost a week.  I am feeling this software is perhaps just too new.  I'm new to digitizing also so don't want to invest in something not quite working yet.  Someone suggested I give Hatch a try.  Anybody?

Pam Davison

Love Hatch.  The price is cheaper than most dealer software and it has and “easy” interface.  Lots of support for the software.

I purchased the Artistic Suite Professional only to have Janome drop the product after a little more than a year or so.  When I enquired about an upgrade path Janome said there will be no upgrade path from Artistic Suite at this time.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of maryldecker@... <maryldecker@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 9:08:56 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome Artistic Digitizer - software issues anyone - need advice?

I just purchased Artistic Digitizer software, but haven't opened the package yet as some members of the Janome Facebook group are experiencing problems and not getting Janome to resolve this after almost a week.  I am feeling this software is perhaps just too new.  I'm new to digitizing also so don't want to invest in something not quite working yet.  Someone suggested I give Hatch a try.  Anybody?

Ceil J

Mary,
Maggie did two fantastic videos on the differences between Hatch and MBX v6. I'm not sure if you can access it from here but perhaps she will send you a link so you can view it.  If you search the topics here or just scroll though the discussions you should find some information on this topic.  I would help you further but I'm running between two houses three times a day until (hopefully) Sunday.  I hope to be back in action on this topic towards the middle of next week when I am free to do so.  If you don't get replies to this, change your question to "Looking for digitizing software recommendations"  that might get a bigger response but I think searching is the way to go for now.  I was in the same place as you a few weeks ago.
Ceil

Meryl Margolies

MBX V. 6? When did that come out? I have V 5 and thought it was the latest.

Have a sew-sew day,
Meryl

--
Thank you,
Meryl

Ceil J

Sorry, guessing my brain was muddled at the moment.  Of course, you're right! MBX v5
Ceil

Virginia

I believe it was a mistype. Should have been ver 5.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/7/18 12:49 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome Artistic Digitizer - software issues anyone - need advice?

Mary,
Maggie did two fantastic videos on the differences between Hatch and MBX v6. I'm not sure if you can access it from here but perhaps she will send you a link so you can view it.  If you search the topics here or just scroll though the discussions you should find some information on this topic.  I would help you further but I'm running between two houses three times a day until (hopefully) Sunday.  I hope to be back in action on this topic towards the middle of next week when I am free to do so.  If you don't get replies to this, change your question to "Looking for digitizing software recommendations"  that might get a bigger response but I think searching is the way to go for now.  I was in the same place as you a few weeks ago.
Ceil

onlinesewing@...

MBX V5 is still the latest version of the Janome Digitizer series. However they have released completely different digitizing software created by a completely different company. Artistic Digitizer is very different from MBX. It is compatible with both PC and Mac. We have purchased it, but have had no time to play with it yet. We'll try to do a full review, but there are MANY things in front of that. Currently we haven't seen many posts about it, either here or on Facebook. It appears that a lot of people are sitting on the fence before spending a big chunk of change on it. Feedback from Janome owners seems to indicate the prices are all over the map, with some under MSRP and some substantially over.

Ceil J

Mary,
I'm guessing you now need to mention Maggie Cooper and ask to join her group.  She did two videos showing the use of Hatch vs. MBX V5 (got it right that time).  She teaches digitizing to her group.
Ceil

Mary Decker

Where do I go to find "Maggie Cooper's group"?  

Txs

Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome Artistic Digitizer - software issues anyone - need advice?

Mary,
I'm guessing you now need to mention Maggie Cooper and ask to join her group.  She did two videos showing the use of Hatch vs. MBX V5 (got it right that time).  She teaches digitizing to her group.
Ceil

onlinesewing@...

Maggie monitors this group and will send you an invitation to hers when time permits. Please be patient, as she is VERY busy.

maggie cooper

Mary, my group is unlisted  you need to e mail me at maggiecoops@... so I can send you an invitation to join my group.  I don't have Artistic Digitiser so can't assist you with that.
Maggie Cooper in UK.