Topics

janome 5700 hand wheel

vmarie1952@...

I have been having trouble with my Janome 5700. The hand wheel is extremely tight. Any solutions? Can you oil it? Thanks!

Jim Stutsman

Oil won’t help, even if you could get into the machine to apply it. This is a failure of the top bushing that the main shaft goes through. They had a lot of trouble with the 9000, 10000, and 5700 due to bushing failure. It requires replacing the top shaft and bushings. In the 11000 they switched to ball bearings to avoid this. You’ll have to have it serviced, though the cost may exceed the value of the machine. It’s kind of a nasty repair.