Topics

Janome 350e

bhoryn

My machine came with the biggest hoop size of 7.9 x 11.     Will it take the 7.9 x 14 if I ordered the larger hoop?     Thanks.

Linda

I have a 350e and the largest hoop that works with mine is a giga hoop which is 9.1" x 7.9", and designs have to be split .  Have you tried using the 7.9 x 11 hoop yet?

Pixey

Do you maybe have a 500e, not the 350e?  The 500e has the 7.9 x 11 hoop as its largest.  The 550e is the newest model that introduces the 7.9 x 14 hoop.  I don’t think you can use the 7.9 x 14 hoop on the 500e because it has not had a software update that would allow the machine to recognize it.  Also, the arm where the hoop attaches is a little different on the 550e.  I think this is to allow the longer hoop movement required by the 14” hoop.

Pixey

On Jul 2, 2020, at 2:13 PM, bhoryn via groups.io <bhoryn@...> wrote:

My machine came with the biggest hoop size of 7.9 x 11.     Will it take the 7.9 x 14 if I ordered the larger hoop?     Thanks.

m.drozdis

I have both machines. The hoops aren't interchangeable.

MarieD

On July 3, 2020 2:35 PM Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Do you maybe have a 500e, not the 350e? The 500e has the 7.9 x 11 hoop as its largest. The 550e is the newest model that introduces the 7.9 x 14 hoop. I don’t think you can use the 7.9 x 14 hoop on the 500e because it has not had a software update

bhoryn

Please disregard this post.  I must have been suffering from COVID brain the day I posted.   I just rechecked my hoops.  😳. I do have the RE36b hoop 7.9 x 14.2.  Sorry everyone.  My machine is the 550e. ☺️

Tracy

No - your 3503 won't take the 7.9x14 hoop and actually - it's max stitch field is 5.5x7.9 so the larger hoop that you got with your machine will not work either.  I'm guessing this was a private sale and some things got send with your machine that did not belong.

Sorry!  Tracy in Nashville, TN

Lyn Quine

The giga hoop will work with a 350E it is a split design hoop.  I had a 350E and it does work, it is an optional extra.

mah_jongg@ymail.com

For the 550e you can purchase the smaller 7.9 x 11 RE28b hoop. Its on my "as soon as I get caught up on bills" list. Sure wish they would make smaller hoops for the 550e. The 5 x 5 is too big for the older smaller designs. The 1.5" hoops are too small. Need a 3.5 x 3.5 or 4 x 4 hoop size. I'd use my 10000 (for the smaller designs) but it never embroidered right since the day I bought it when the 10000 first came out.