Janome 15000 rolling case

Mary Dunn

I’ve never posted a question on this site but have enjoyed reading many of the responses. I never thought I would need to have a case for my 15000 Janome horizon but I am considering it. Any input on those that have used them would be appreciated 
Thanks in advance!
Mary Jane 

Janet

I have a Tutto brand but really I very rarely move it. Only to get serviced.  

Janet

On Feb 8, 2022, at 5:45 PM, Mary Dunn <mary.j.dunn@...> wrote:

I’ve never posted a question on this site but have enjoyed reading many of the responses. I never thought I would need to have a case for my 15000 Janome horizon but I am considering it. Any input on those that have used them would be appreciated 
Thanks in advance!
Mary Jane 

Lyn Quine

I have Tutto bags for my machines, I have the extra large (largest) one for my 15000 I also use it for my Babylock ovation.  I have the large for my Janome 6600p.  They are really good bags, steerable wheels and easy to move.  Worth the money.

On 8 Feb 2022, at 22:48, Janet via groups.io <krjanetl@...> wrote:

Janet

Thanks in advance!
Mary Jane 

Mary Jo Hirsch

I have the Janome gray semi hard case but never use it. Contact me if interested.  

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 5:06 PM Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:
I have Tutto bags for my machines, I have the extra large (largest) one for my 15000 I also use it for my Babylock ovation.  I have the large for my Janome 6600p.  They are really good bags, steerable wheels and easy to move.  Worth the money.

On 8 Feb 2022, at 22:48, Janet via groups.io <krjanetl=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Janet

Thanks in advance!
Mary Jane 

--
null

June E Hudspeth

Hi Mary Jane:

I have a Tutto case and I love it.  Easy to manage and it has pockets.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 1:16 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome 15000 rolling case

Thanks in advance!

Mary Jane 

Fiona Williams

Hi Mary Jane,

I purchased Janome’s hard case for the 15000 and it is awful, do not waste your money. It said it had padding and there wasn’t any and the machine just fits in there with nothing else. The wheels are terrible and the handle is not entered so it is awkward to pick up and sort of dangerous. Only used it once and will never use it again. Wish I had purchased a Tutto.

Hope that helps.

Fiona

On Feb 8, 2022, at 6:50 PM, June E Hudspeth <juneeh@...> wrote:

Hi Mary Jane:

I have a Tutto case and I love it.  Easy to manage and it has pockets.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 1:16 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome 15000 rolling case

Thanks in advance!

Mary Jane 

Cat - N

I liked the hard case because it seemed like it would offer good protection but I didn’t see it up close, and I didn’t have room to store it anyway, so I got a Tutto case that folds up quite compactly for a big case. I’ve only used it once but it worked well. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 

juliadlf.ny@...

I have the hard sided case for my 15000. I find it protects the machine better than a soft sided case. It has straps inside the case to keep the machine secure. 2 of the wheels lock so when placing it in my car it doesn't roll around. It does take 2 of us to lift into the car as the machine itself is heavy. I used it once when taking for servicing (which is rare) but I was really glad I had it . We moved last year and glad I had the case.. I store mine in our basement.  What ever you chose to buy be sure it protects the machine adequately. Good luck.

Mary Dunn

Thanks so much 

On Feb 9, 2022, at 5:42 AM, juliadlf.ny@... wrote:

I have the hard sided case for my 15000. I find it protects the machine better than a soft sided case. It has straps inside the case to keep the machine secure. 2 of the wheels lock so when placing it in my car it doesn't roll around. It does take 2 of us to lift into the car as the machine itself is heavy. I used it once when taking for servicing (which is rare) but I was really glad I had it . We moved last year and glad I had the case.. I store mine in our basement.  What ever you chose to buy be sure it protects the machine adequately. Good luck.

Cheryl Paul

My advise would be to NOT get the hard cover case, as it is the most awkward to load the machine and it doesn’t seem to be all that good - mine is used as storage for other things and I’ve only ever used it for my machine once or twice. I just put the machine in the black soft cover behind me or the passenger seat on the floor. I don’t take her out anymore except to be serviced. My friend has the Tutto bag (and the hard cover one with JANOME embossed on it) and she likes the Tutto, but feels the same as I do about the other one and they were both $300 new.

I don’t have a case for my Continental M7 Professional and she is very heavy Fortunately, she hasn’t needed to go anywhere and is my go to machine for everything that’s not embroidery. I do use my S9 and 15000 as well, but mostly the M7 but it depends on what set up is on each machine and the colour of the thread. I love them all. It was great that my S9 fits quite comfortably in my old 11000 sewing case, when I was able to get to classes.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Debe

I agree with the Tutto case that it is very good for ease of use. I had 2 of them one for my 12000 & then a larger for my 15000. I had to transport my machine each month as I coordinated an embroidery club & taught some embroidery classes. It didn't add too much more weight to the machine & I could fit lots of extra samples & supplies in it. You can take the machine out through the top or from the side. I had bought a piece of 1/2" thick foam that fit over the top of the machine & sides & I then used the belts in the case to hold the foam securely around the machine. I felt this was more protection since I had other items stored around the machine. I like that they can be flattened, also. It has a sturdy metal frame.
Deb

Mary Dunn

Thanks 🤗🤗

On Feb 9, 2022, at 10:41 PM, Debe <pandasews@...> wrote:

I agree with the Tutto case that it is very good for ease of use. I had 2 of them one for my 12000 & then a larger for my 15000. I had to transport my machine each month as I coordinated an embroidery club & taught some embroidery classes. It didn't add too much more weight to the machine & I could fit lots of extra samples & supplies in it. You can take the machine out through the top or from the side. I had bought a piece of 1/2" thick foam that fit over the top of the machine & sides & I then used the belts in the case to hold the foam securely around the machine. I felt this was more protection since I had other items stored around the machine. I like that they can be flattened, also. It has a sturdy metal frame.
Deb

Fiona Williams

Hi Mary,

Did your hard case come with padding? The description said it did but there isn’t any padding in mine.

Fiona

On Feb 9, 2022, at 9:07 AM, Mary Dunn <mary.j.dunn@...> wrote:

Thanks so much 

Mary Jo Hirsch

Yes mine is padded and two large bags for supplies.  

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 6:49 AM Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mary,

Did your hard case come with padding? The description said it did but there isn’t any padding in mine.

Fiona

Thanks so much 

I have the hard sided case for my 15000. I find it protects the machine better than a soft sided case. It has straps inside the case to keep the machine secure. 2 of the wheels lock so when placing it in my car it doesn't roll around. It does take 2 of us to lift into the car as the machine itself is heavy. I used it once when taking for servicing (which is rare) but I was really glad I had it . We moved last year and glad I had the case.. I store mine in our basement.  What ever you chose to buy be sure it protects the machine adequately. Good luck.

--
null

Fiona Williams

Hi Mary Jo,

Thank you I think I need to contact my dealer.

Fiona

On Feb 12, 2022, at 12:06 PM, Mary Jo Hirsch <mjhshmoo@...> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 6:49 AM Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mary,

Fiona

Thanks so much 

I have the hard sided case for my 15000. I find it protects the machine better than a soft sided case. It has straps inside the case to keep the machine secure. 2 of the wheels lock so when placing it in my car it doesn't roll around. It does take 2 of us to lift into the car as the machine itself is heavy. I used it once when taking for servicing (which is rare) but I was really glad I had it . We moved last year and glad I had the case.. I store mine in our basement.  What ever you chose to buy be sure it protects the machine adequately. Good luck.

--
null

Fiona Williams

Hi Mary Joe, 

So I emailed my dealer and he says there is no padding just the two bags. Could you possibly post a picture of yours so I could send it to my dealer please. 
Online it tells you there is padding but there are no pictures of it.
Thank you

Fiona

Hi Mary,

Fiona

Thanks so much 

--
null

Mary Jo Hirsch

Sorry my case is in storage as sewing room is being remodeled 

On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 12:18 PM Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mary Joe, 

So I emailed my dealer and he says there is no padding just the two bags. Could you possibly post a picture of yours so I could send it to my dealer please. 
Online it tells you there is padding but there are no pictures of it.
Thank you

Fiona

Hi Mary,

Fiona

Thanks so much 

--
null

--
null

juliadlf.ny@...

I can check my case later today and take a pic of it for all of you. I have the purple hard sided case and I don't recall any padding.

Cheryl Paul

Hi, I’m going to chime in here. I have the Janome “hard case” that I bought when I got my 15000 - before the Tutto bag was available from Janome. It has NO padding, just 2 zip bags - one that fits around the machine and the other for the hoops. My friend has the Tutto bag and it does NOT have any padding either. However, there are other machine companies that our machines would fit into the bags that they have and they might have padding. It isn’t difficult to put something into the bag that would keep the machine from “shifting” inside and protect it - there is space to do that as the hard case has room to take a couple hoops and perhaps all of them in the bag with the machine. However, I really do not like that bag as it is hard to load and even harder to carry. In fact the second time I took my machine in the bag one of the handle broke - like I mean the plastic on the bag itself. My dealer was very nice and had it fixed for me at no extra cost, but I DO NOT trust it for lifting into my vehicle.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Fiona Williams

Thanks Cheryl,

I appreciate your input. I agree with you 100% about not trusting it. My husband and I loaded it together and it was super unbalanced.

Fiona

On Feb 14, 2022, at 10:01 AM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:

Hi, I’m going to chime in here. I have the Janome “hard case” that I bought when I got my 15000 - before the Tutto bag was available from Janome. It has NO padding, just 2 zip bags - one that fits around the machine and the other for the hoops. My friend has the Tutto bag and it does NOT have any padding either. However, there are other machine companies that our machines would fit into the bags that they have and they might have padding. It isn’t difficult to put something into the bag that would keep the machine from “shifting” inside and protect it - there is space to do that as the hard case has room to take a couple hoops and perhaps all of them in the bag with the machine. However, I really do not like that bag as it is hard to load and even harder to carry. In fact the second time I took my machine in the bag one of the handle broke - like I mean the plastic on the bag itself. My dealer was very nice and had it fixed for me at no extra cost, but I DO NOT trust it for lifting into my vehicle.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheryl - Saskatoon