Topics

Janome 12000 presser foot

peggy barrett
 

i keep getting a msg to change to proper presser foot.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I unplugged it and plugged it in again. No luck.
peggy in Ma

onlinesewing@...
 

The presser foot height sensor needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fix this and you’ll need to see your dealer.

Linda M Robertson
 

I’m getting as well.  
And my machine is making a clunking noise.    Guess it’s time to go see the repairman. 
“As soon as I get my quilt finished”.


On Feb 3, 2018, at 9:47 PM, onlinesewing@... wrote:

The presser foot height sensor needs to be adjusted. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to fix this and you’ll need to see your dealer.

Lisa Powell
 

I get that too, Peggy. So frustrating! Sometimes I can sew for quite awhile without it, and sometimes it's every few stitches. There was a thread a couple weeks ago with suggestions on how to stop it from happening, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I'm not going to bother taking mine to my dealer because I have zero confidence in their competence, and I know they will just try to sell me a new machine...they are totally about machine sales. 
Lisa

Virginia
 

Lisa I too was getting that almost constantly with my 12,000 until I finally decided to switch my foot pedal from my 7700 to my 12,000 and never got the message again.  I took the bad foot pedal into my dealer and they replaced it no charge.  You might try that.

Virginia


From: Lisa Powell via Groups.Io <lapowell48@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Feb 4, 2018 4:26 pm
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Janome 12000 presser foot

I get that too, Peggy. So frustrating! Sometimes I can sew for quite awhile without it, and sometimes it's every few stitches. There was a thread a couple weeks ago with suggestions on how to stop it from happening, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I'm not going to bother taking mine to my dealer because I have zero confidence in their competence, and I know they will just try to sell me a new machine...they are totally about machine sales. 
Lisa

Linda M Robertson
 

Darn I missed that thread.


On Feb 4, 2018, at 11:36 AM, Lisa Powell via Groups.Io <lapowell48@...> wrote:

I get that too, Peggy. So frustrating! Sometimes I can sew for quite awhile without it, and sometimes it's every few stitches. There was a thread a couple weeks ago with suggestions on how to stop it from happening, but I haven't tried any of them yet. I'm not going to bother taking mine to my dealer because I have zero confidence in their competence, and I know they will just try to sell me a new machine...they are totally about machine sales. 
Lisa

Lisa Powell
 

Thanks, Virginia! I have a small, portable Janome...maybe I'll see if it fits. I'm willing to try anything because sometimes I just want to shove my machine off the table.

Linda M Robertson
 

I’m going to try the foot pedal from my 9700.   
It is so annoying to constantly get that message.   I’ve only recently noticed it when I started using the dual feed/walking foot.  


Linda 


On Feb 4, 2018, at 5:50 PM, Lisa Powell via Groups.Io <lapowell48@...> wrote:

Thanks, Virginia! I have a small, portable Janome...maybe I'll see if it fits. I'm willing to try anything because sometimes I just want to shove my machine off the table.

Marlys Tipple
 

Make sure you don't have dust/lint near the sensor. Every time that happens to me, I check and sure enough a very small bit of lint is there. Restart my machine and message disappears. Sensors are sensitive!


On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM, peggy barrett via Groups.Io
<peggy27b@...> wrote:
i keep getting a msg to change to proper presser foot.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I unplugged it and plugged it in again. No luck.
peggy in Ma

J Fraker
 

Sometimes I get that message too.  Exactly where is that sensor?

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Marlys Tipple via Groups.Io <marlys50@...> wrote:
Make sure you don't have dust/lint near the sensor. Every time that happens to me, I check and sure enough a very small bit of lint is there. Restart my machine and message disappears. Sensors are sensitive!


On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM, peggy barrett via Groups.Io
<peggy27b=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
i keep getting a msg to change to proper presser foot.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I unplugged it and plugged it in again. No luck.
peggy in Ma

Linda M Robertson
 

I only get that message when i use the walking foot.   It’s very annoying.

Linda


On Mar 4, 2018, at 8:33 PM, J Fraker <frakersfunnyfarm@...> wrote:

Sometimes I get that message too.  Exactly where is that sensor?

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Marlys Tipple via Groups.Io <marlys50@...> wrote:
Make sure you don't have dust/lint near the sensor. Every time that happens to me, I check and sure enough a very small bit of lint is there. Restart my machine and message disappears. Sensors are sensitive!


On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM, peggy barrett via Groups.Io
<peggy27b=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
i keep getting a msg to change to proper presser foot.  Has anyone else had this problem.  I unplugged it and plugged it in again. No luck.
peggy in Ma


blue_lak
 

Lift the plate and look in the upper right corner. You'll see two little pins in a square opening. Dust very, very gently with your little brush.