Janome 11,000 my friend’s machine

Kathleen Bertoglio <nanakat33@...>

I have a question: my friend has an 11000 embroidery machine and when she turns the machine on, there is a message that tells her to raise the needle bar and presser foot, then turn off the machine and turn it back on. She has done this about 10 times without success. I have the 12000 machine and have not had this message. All of our machine shops in the vicinity are closed due to the virus.

Mary Jo Hirsch

I have 15000 with message. I turn off raise needle by wheel And presser foot manually and hold machine on release hold on foot. It works after several attempts.   Hope helps

--
null

Shirley Bedard

Sounds like either the power supply, a sensor or a main board.  Some of these things are no longer available on an 11000 She will have to take it to a dealer

Crafty Quilters 13221 Hwy 98     Sebring, Fl 33876 863-658-2148 craftyquilters@...

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 3:51:55 PM EDT, Kathleen Bertoglio via groups.io <nanakat33@...> wrote:

I have a question: my friend has an 11000 embroidery machine and when she turns the machine on, there is a message that tells her to raise the needle bar and presser foot, then turn off the machine and turn it back on. She has done this about 10 times without success. I have the 12000 machine and have not had this message. All of our machine shops in the vicinity are closed due to the virus.

Jim Stutsman

When we sold the 11000 this came up a lot. It's because over time the knee lift mechanism shifts slightly causing the foot height sensor to stick. I wasted a lot of time trying to solve the problem by adjusting the sensor until another dealer advised me that making a SLIGHT adjustment to the knee lift was the way to fix it. Your friend can't do this, of course, but she may be able to get around the problem by putting in the knee lift lever and working it back and forth a few times before turning on the machine. Ultimately a dealer will have to see it to permanently fix the problem.

eque45@sbcglobal.net

Having same problem. Please explain "hold machine on release hold on foot" Thanks!

Carol M in TX