Janome 10,000 Embroidery cards

Cynthia Dickerson

I have many embroidery cards from Janome for the Janome10,000 sewing manchine which were very expensive.  I would like to be able to transfer those designs to my computer so I can use them on my Janome 15,000.  I would like to get this done before something would happen to my Janome 10,000.  Does anyone know how to do this or can you direct me to a source?  Thank you for any help!

Cat - N

I would think you could transfer the files using an external (USB) card reader snd the regular file manager…Windows Explorer…or whatever your OS offers.

My opinion:  you are better off having a copy on alternate media anyway, since I’ve had those kinds of cards crash…notably a camera card died in my camera just before I took the last few  photos of a Navy battleship being christened before it’s maiden voyage!  And, yes, I’d gotten ‘the private tour’ of the ship including bridge, etc,, and lots of photos, and it was a new, very good quality, large Sandisk card back when they were really pricey$$$!!!

- Cat (FL)

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Mar 17, 2022 at 12:36 PM, <Cynthia Dickerson> wrote:

I have many embroidery cards from Janome for the Janome10,000 sewing manchine which were very expensive.  I would like to be able to transfer those designs to my computer so I can use them on my Janome 15,000.  I would like to get this done before something would happen to my Janome 10,000.  Does anyone know how to do this or can you direct me to a source?  Thank you for any help!

favymtz

I also had to do this a long while back for my 10k that had been upgraded to a 10001, so it didn’t have a usb connection. I’m trying to remember what I did!

I think I had to use edit mode in the machine and save each design from the card onto the built in memory, then after taking the design card out insert the card that the computer could read (Sandisk?) and open each design in edit and save to that card. It’s been a long time since I did it and  do recall it was a several step process. The main problem is that the machine didn’t have a usb and our current computers don’t have drivers that communicate directly through the cable so we can’t just send and receive designs by that means.
Try this and let me know if I’m remembering correctly!
--
Favymtz

Patricia Ward

My brain may be too foggy, but doesn't an 11000 still take those cards inserted into a reading slot? If so maybe you could borrow someone's 11000 that also takes a USB and then save the design  from the RAM card to the USB stick?

We need Jim's input...

Pat in MD

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 2:02 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

I also had to do this a long while back for my 10k that had been upgraded to a 10001, so it didn’t have a usb connection. I’m trying to remember what I did!

I think I had to use edit mode in the machine and save each design from the card onto the built in memory, then after taking the design card out insert the card that the computer could read (Sandisk?) and open each design in edit and save to that card. It’s been a long time since I did it and  do recall it was a several step process. The main problem is that the machine didn’t have a usb and our current computers don’t have drivers that communicate directly through the cable so we can’t just send and receive designs by that means.
Try this and let me know if I’m remembering correctly!
--
Favymtz

Jim Stutsman

You and Favy are both right. It can be done on the 10000 like this:

1. Insert Memory Card into the machine.
2. Open a design for stitching.
3. Take the design to EDIT mode.
4. Save the design to the built-in memory.
5. Connect to the machine by USB cable.
6. Use Customizer to read the design into your computer.

This is very cumbersome and time-consuming, but it can be done. On the 11000 it works pretty much the same way.

SewingRose

It's quite time consuming, I did it way back when I owned a 10001 and suggest you think about which designs you really like (and might use again) because after all the time spent on the process, I have never stitched one of those designs again.

Storage cards/USB drives/etc all fail at some time so I have several places for backups of backups of backups etc...you get the drift!!

;-)

Sandra Wheeler

And if you don't have customizer? It won't load on my current laptop.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 1:31 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
You and Favy are both right. It can be done on the 10000 like this:

1. Insert Memory Card into the machine.
2. Open a design for stitching.
3. Take the design to EDIT mode.
4. Save the design to the built-in memory.
5. Connect to the machine by USB cable.
6. Use Customizer to read the design into your computer.

This is very cumbersome and time-consuming, but it can be done. On the 11000 it works pretty much the same way.

favymtz

Customizer won’t help you anyway, because you can’t connect a 10000 to a computer, there’s no usb on it!
You have to save the designs onto one of those cards and your computer has to have the card slot or a card reader for it. It’s all old technology so it’s cumbersome to accomplish it!
~favymtz

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 6:50 PM Sandra Wheeler <angelthings@...> wrote:
And if you don't have customizer? It won't load on my current laptop.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 1:31 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
You and Favy are both right. It can be done on the 10000 like this:

1. Insert Memory Card into the machine.
2. Open a design for stitching.
3. Take the design to EDIT mode.
4. Save the design to the built-in memory.
5. Connect to the machine by USB cable.
6. Use Customizer to read the design into your computer.

This is very cumbersome and time-consuming, but it can be done. On the 11000 it works pretty much the same way.

--
Favymtz

Tracy

Customizer 10K+ works just fine on Windows10 by installing it from the original CD.  I started off with the program on Windows 8.1, then when Vista came out, I had to upgrade to the 11K version of the program and lost some of the features (like being able to use .sew format files that the 10001 can read).  I was so glad when Windows 10 came and the original program installed and worked just like it had from the beginning.  I was sent a CD by Janome that had all the designs from the 10000/10001 cards to have as a back-up and have also copied to various "back-up" sources as, like we all know... CDs and other media can go bad when you don't want them to the most!  But- like someone else mentioned.... I've not used any of those old designs since about a year after getting my machine in 2004.

What Jim posted about copying the built-in designs is true.  You can get card-readers that you can put the compact flash cards into and then copy to your computer that way.  But the original MC cards for the machines need to be transferred to the machine memory and then copied to a compact flash card to be transferred.
Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Vivienne Gilmour

With the distribution of the 11000 Janome (Australia?), issued a collection of the 10000 designs on a disk called “387 Designs”. Perhaps you might be able to contact them to see if you can buy one. I hade already done all the work to get them the old way!

Sent from Mail for Windows

Cynthia Dickerson

Well, I have not used this machine for embroidery in quite some time and boy I sure needed a refresher.  Here is what I did.  I used Jims instructions up to #4

1. Insert Memory Card into the machine.
2. Open a design for stitching.
3. Take the design to EDIT mode.
4. Eject the Janome Memory card with the designs on it and replaced it with my ATA card and saved it on it.
5. I went through all the designs and filled up my card.
6. Then I went on the computer to Janome Customizer and went into Easy Edit and plugged in my card reader into my computer and saved the design to the computer.

Gosh, thank you everyone!!  I am going to save one card a day until I get it done.  It wasn't really all that hard, just had to think it through.