Janome 10000

darlene Reese

I recently damaged my embroidery unit for my 15000, so am trying to use my 10000. We all know the programs only work on older laptops, somyquestion is, isthereaby way that I can transfer from a jump drive directly into my machine via the connection that is supposed to be hooked up to the laptop? I have tons of files in the Jef format, but do not know how to get them into the machine, the AcuDesign shows the hoops for the 10,000, but I don’t know if I can transfer.

I don’t know how long it will take to fix my embroidery unit, as the dealer is only open a few days a week and it is appointment by phone only, and so far he has not answered my calls.
very frustrating.....
thanking you in advance for any responses.
Darlene

Jim Stutsman

It’s going to be difficult. Direct connection to the machine requires a USB driver. The one provided with Customizer 10000 is for 32-bit Windows. Almost all Windows computers are now 64-bit and Janome did not produce a 64-bit driver. That means you cannot use the USB port on the machine at all, unless you have access to a 32-bit Windows computer. That leaves you with the card slot on the 10000. If you have, or can find, a CompactFlash to ATA adapter, then you can use that to put designs in the machine. You’ll need to be able to write to a CompactFlash card from your computer. Those adapters use drivers that are built into Windows. However anything involving CompactFlash memory cards is hard to come by. It’s the floppy disk of flash storage technology. You may have to look on eBay or CraigsList for compatible devices.

Shirley Taylor

I have a 10001 that I have not used for a year or so for various reasons.  Now I want to get back to using it but can not remember how to get started .  Have a Windows XP computer that I can access the program, but it is not on the internet.  Not able to get protection for it.  So have used it for grandchildren's games and as I remember I could download designs on my windows 7-10 computer( that went out) and transfer it to this computer. Now have a Windows 10 computer.  I have not even been to any groups for a while, but did find this one.  One other group I would like to get back to is the one for the MC 6600P Janome but so far have not found how.
One thing I wonder is do I need to have my machine serviced since I had it serviced just  a couple months before I stopped using it.  It is an hours drive to the nearest place to have it serviced and I am not driving out of town anymore.  I have lots of designs on cards for it and cards that I can save a design to using my XP computer.  If there were a local shop here that sold machines I would think about getting anew machine, but this one has not been used that much and seems a waste to get a new one.  I do have a card reader and compact flash memory cards and lots of designs.

Jim Stutsman

I've uploaded an archive of old files that should be helpful in getting back in tune with the 10000/10001. You can find it here: 10Talk.zip

Cynthia Dickerson

Thank you so much for this, Jim  I have the 15000 and 10000.  Sometimes when I go back to use the 10000 I can't remember what I used to do. This is such a big help.  Still loving both machines!

Tracy

Shirley-

I've got the same machine, but have used it lots so you'll be happy to get back to using yours.

If you are not able to have the 10001 serviced, you will need to, at the very least oil the wick under the bobbin case and I would probably put a drop of sewing machine oil on the needle bar in the 2 places where it's metal on metal.  Open up the end cap so you can see the needle moving up and down when you turn the hand wheel and you'll be able to see where.  Do some regular sewing and make sure stitches look good.  Then pick one of the built-in designs and stitch it out.  If you think you will want to gift the stitching, you should change thread colors etc, just like you would normally do.  If you are just doing a trial stitch-out you can do it all in 1 color thread.  You may find that the design is just as nice that way even.  LOL  You won't know anything more about whether or not you need to have someone look at it until you give it a try in my opinion.  Feel free to contact me if you'd like.  I love my 10001 and since funds left me by my Mom when she passed away is what allowed me to get it- this machine will always be in my sewing room.  My email <tjoriginals@...>

Happy stitching!

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Viola Tani

Jim,
Thanks for these, I wish I had known about you all those years ago when I was struggling with my new 10K and the software.  I will read all of these although I no longer use my 10K for embroidery but have kept it for sewing and managed to make enough room for it in my sewing room when I got the Atelier 9 (S9).
Viola

darlene Reese

Further to my problem, I have the adapter and recently purchased  the adater so it will write fr9m my computer.
I am trying to transfer from Horizon Link and I bring up a file  in the jet format a 4X4 size,
when I go to write the design, I send it to the drive, and put it in the emb file under the embf.
i5 does not transfer that way, but wants to send it in the jpx format.
there are files on this already so it has been formatted, and when I put it in the machine, it will read them, but not the one that I sent. Is there something really simple that I am overlooking?
 Darlene

favymtz

The default file format for Horizon Link is JPX. Your Janome 10000 will not read a JPX as you've discovered.
What you need to do is designate that you want a JEF or JEF+ format.
to do this, Don't use the "Write a Design" nor the "Send" functions.
Instead
Use the "File" function and  "Save As" that way you can choose to Save it to your card and a JEF format.
--
Favymtz

darlene Reese

When I use the save as, it does not give me the option to save to the USB drive. How do I do this?

Cat - N

Once the file is SAVED, it's a regular file function to COPY it anywhere else you want to put it.

So...

SAVE / SAVE AS the stitch file (.JEF) anywhere you want...DESKTOP, MY DOCUMENTS, or create a new FOLDER anywhere you want.

Then, just DRAG AND DROP, or use Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V to COPY / PASTE, or RIGHT-CLICK on the filename and COPY then RIGHT-CLICK on the correct folder on the USB Disk to PASTE.

- Cat

Cheryl Paul

All I remember about the LuLu Kemon stitch it that it was #10 on the dial, used 3 needles in the cover hem position and I think that the looper threads were the top I took this class 4 it 5 years ago and never tried to set it up again so I really can’t help with this. I will say that I did enjoy the class. This dealer does a lot of sewing personally, has a lady technician who also sews. I think they do some experimenting when time permits. She is one of the best people I know in the business to really get help and she sells fabric too but it’s mostly quilting. She does carry a bit of fashion because she does make many of the things she wears.

I suggest playing with the #10 setting. It does many different things if memory serves me correctly.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Cheryl Paul

Also the file format for the Janome 10000 is JEF. It will read SEW files but NO OTHERS. Jef+ came out with the MC11000, so don’t buy that format or save to it for your 10000 sewing machine.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Tracy

The MC10000 will not read a Jef+ format either.  It will only read .sew or .jef format designs.

I agree with Favymtz - use a copy/paste method to transfer designs to your compact flash card for the machine.  Be sure they are pasted into the file where the machine will find them.  And- make sure in your software that the design is oriented to fit inside the hoop when you save it in .jef.  The orientation being wrong is one of the absolute most common issues when someone says their machine doesn't show a design that they have put into the folder for one of the, older model especially, machines.