Topics

Is (fill in the blank) thread included?

Jim Stutsman

This question has been coming up over and over, so I've published a list of the brands in the Files section. Please note that this is subject to change OFTEN. I've got 3 more brands to add today, as well as our first official bug to fix. (If you make your text very large on your device parts of thread numbers may be cut off.) There will be an update coming as soon as I can push it to the App Store, but it usually takes Apple 3 or 4 days to approve new builds. Thanks everyone for your patience!

favymtz

Jim & Diane, I know you're probably super busy with keeping up with the demands of the new app.
But to add another issue, I have just communicated with Suz of BFC about their thread line.
I have their thread charts loaded into my MBX and Hatch 2 software programs to use in digitizing because I love the thread.
Lately they have been retiring some of their colors to hopefully be replaced with some new colors.
So my questions to Suz was if the old color line was going to change enough to make our physical thread charts and the .tch files for the software defunct.
Her answer, she sent me a new .tch file to use in software. It's version 2 and and a version 3 will replace it in the near future when she gets her new colors added.
I am happy to email it to you or she said to feel free to communicate with her about her thread.
Favymtz

Jim Stutsman

Thanks for the update. I have added BFC Creations polyester using data from their website. Right now I'm scrambling to fix a bug in the app that happens when text is made larger. As soon as I get that fix queued up for review I will contact BFC.

favymtz

Great!
Yes, the thread chart she had on the BFC site that you used in the app is the old one. The current one has a different name so that it can run along with previous one, that way the retired colors can still be color matched if needed.

I didn’t realize before I purchased the Thread Book app that it’s so comprehensive! Wow, it’s going to take me days to add in all of my thread information. Having been a sewist and embroiderer for 40+ years I have 20 bins of all kind of threads, sewing, embroidery, serger, specialty etc. quite a collection.
I think the app is fabulous. If I had it 2 weeks ago I wouldn’t have purchased 2 spools at a sale, having already having them!

Good luck working out the bugs.
Favymtz

Jim Stutsman

As soon as I get the app updated in the store I will resume adding threads. It’s been quite complicated, because there are bugs in the Apple tools I use to develop the software, so I have to find work-arounds before I can fix mine. I have a number of things I want to add to the app, so there will be many updates in the future.

Pixey

I shared it at my Embroidery Club yesterday.  The members were impressed when I showed them the list and there was definite interest on the part of the iPad crowd.  Not sure if you were aware but I learned that the recent BabyLock high end machine upgrade and the new Pfaff also now have iPad monitoring/notification interfaces.

Pixey

On Sep 22, 2019, at 9:00 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

As soon as I get the app updated in the store I will resume adding threads. It’s been quite complicated, because there are bugs in the Apple tools I use to develop the software, so I have to find work-arounds before I can fix mine. I have a number of things I want to add to the app, so there will be many updates in the future.

Jim Stutsman

Thanks so much for sharing! I did check out the Brother site for the Stellaire machine, but the tablet used is not an iPad. It's probably Samsung, LG, or some other Android product. It would have been stunning if they actually used an iPad. Janome and Brother are bitter rivals and while they may plunder each other's ideas, they would never do an outright copy.

Pixey

Interesting.  The conversation did not go that deeply into specific apps and devices.  I have an iPad tablet and android phone which allows me to play in both worlds.  Though less on the phone because I don’t do a robust data plan at this time.

Pixey

On Sep 23, 2019, at 9:21 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Thanks so much for sharing! I did check out the Brother site for the Stellaire machine, but the tablet used is not an iPad. It's probably Samsung, LG, or some other Android product. It would have been stunning if they actually used an iPad. Janome and Brother are bitter rivals and while they may plunder each other's ideas, they would never do an outright copy.

penneyippen

The brother stellaire that the dealer I work for came with iPods and in the settings section there are two qr codes one for droids and the other for iOS