Institute postponed

Pixey

Hi all,

I was just talking to my dealer and they said that Janome has cancelled Janome Institute and postponed any new machine releases to next spring.

Pixey

William D Lawson

Yes, they did cancel Janome Institute.  I heard that the reason was that they couldn’t get the computer chips from China for the new machines and they didn’t want to have the Institute without the new machines.  COVID was also a factor but they really wanted to release the new machines at their 100 year anniversary Institute.  Such a shame that Chine controls so much of our economy.

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 4:05 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I was just talking to my dealer and they said that Janome has cancelled Janome Institute and postponed any new machine releases to next spring.

Pixey

JUDY

Nooooo!  I have been patiently for new upgrade to the 15000!!! Darn I guess I will just have to wait. This is crazy!

On Sep 9, 2021, at 10:19 AM, William D Lawson <lawsonfox@...> wrote:

 Yes, they did cancel Janome Institute.  I heard that the reason was that they couldn’t get the computer chips from China for the new machines and they didn’t want to have the Institute without the new machines.  COVID was also a factor but they really wanted to release the new machines at their 100 year anniversary Institute.  Such a shame that Chine controls so much of our economy.

Gwen

Sent from Frontier Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 4:05 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I was just talking to my dealer and they said that Janome has cancelled Janome Institute and postponed any new machine releases to next spring.

Pixey

Cat - N

Not being able to get computer chips from China is a very plausible explanation.  I have heard that explanation for several things...not just sewing/embroidery machines.  In fact, that was the explanation for many new cars and trucks not being able to be built.  The dealer told us that because we had a difficult time getting our car ignition switch replaced and had to go through the dealer...our auto repair shop's supplier was back-ordered for an estimated 7 months.  The dealer was able to get one from another dealer.  We were able to get one key fob, but the second key fob is also back-ordered.  Should be available sometime next month.  In the meantime, we are being careful NOT to lose the only entry/run key that exists for our car.

- Cat

Yes, they did cancel Janome Institute.  I heard that the reason was that they couldn’t get the computer chips from China for the new machines and they didn’t want to have the Institute without the new machines.  COVID was also a factor but they really wanted to release the new machines at their 100 year anniversary Institute.  Such a shame that Chine controls so much of our economy.

Gwen

Sent from Frontier Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 4:05 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I was just talking to my dealer and they said that Janome has cancelled Janome Institute and postponed any new machine releases to next spring.

Pixey

Debbie

Gives me more time to save for new machine

Cheryl Paul

Yes, my dealer told me about a month ago that Institute was cancelled due to “COVID”. She also mentioned that the chips were a factor and that not nearly enough machines could be provided to dealers to have the launch this fall. Let’s hope that this pandemic gets under control more quickly than what we’ve seen this last 18 or so months. Those computer chips are a big problem as they aren’t available. I’m wondering if someone is hoarding them all. I have a new Chrysler Van on order since November 2020 and I’m still waiting. I’ve quit phoning to ask my dealer, hopefully I’ll get a call one of these days.

Cheryl - Saskatoon