Topics

Installing Horizon Link on new computer

Evy Van Tiem

Hi Jim,
I just got a new computer and want to know how I get Horizon Link to install on the new one.  I'm not sure were to go.

Evy

Jim Stutsman

I'm guessing this question came about because you don't have a CD drive on the new computer. You could contact Janome Tech Support to ask them for a downloadable copy, but that could take a while. You could also buy an external CD drive that plugs in a USB port. Those are fairly inexpensive, available on Amazon and big box stores like Best Buy. This will allow you to install any CD software that you have, as well as any designs you may have on CD. Once installed, don't forget to download any updates from the Janome software site. If your machine is a 15000 that you had upgraded to Quilt Maker, then you would instead install the update you downloaded following that upgrade. If you didn't save it, then it's back to Janome Tech Support to have the link re-sent.

Teresa Stanulis

Another question on updating Digitizer for the 15000.  My 15000 is the Quiltmaker edition.

I am running MBX v4.0K which doesn’t have the 15,000 as a machine choice.  Do I need to go through all the updates between 4.0K to 4.5H or can I jump straight to 4.5H to get to where I have the 15000 as a machine option in Digitizer?

On Jan 12, 2020, at 3:22 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

I'm guessing this question came about because you don't have a CD drive on the new computer. You could contact Janome Tech Support to ask them for a downloadable copy, but that could take a while. You could also buy an external CD drive that plugs in a USB port. Those are fairly inexpensive, available on Amazon and big box stores like Best Buy. This will allow you to install any CD software that you have, as well as any designs you may have on CD Once installed, don't forget to download any updates from the Janome software site. If your machine is a 15000 that you had upgraded to Quilt Maker, then you would instead install the update you downloaded following that upgrade. If you didn't save it, then it's back to Janome Tech Support to have the link re-sent.

Jim Stutsman

We've been out of the business now for 8 years (Wow - seems more like 8 months!), and I have slept since we closed. I seem to recall the MBX 4.5 was not a free upgrade to MBX 4.0. Digitizer updates are always cumulative, so you can always install the most recent one for your version without doing the intervening updates. However you may find that trying to install MBX 4.5H gives an error. All is not lost, though, because MBX 4.0V supports the 14000. That would imply that it also supports the 15000, but if it does not you can just use the 14000, as the hoops are the same. Regardless of which version you wind up with, if it complains about not seeing the dongle on Windows 10 you may need the OS Compatibility Update. It's probably already in MBX 4.5H, but maybe not in 4.0V.

Teresa Stanulis

Thanks, Jim!