Topics

in the hoop projects

mah_jongg@ymail.com

Been looking at the 550E & MB-4s. Both have their pros & cons. Was wondering how well the MB-4s works for doing ITH projects. Have lots of them. From day one, my 10000 has never worked properly for embroidering.  The 8000 & 9000 machines embroidered like a charm.

Thanks

HEATHER COWAN

Love my MB4.  It is my go to machine.  Easy to learn it is semi industrial so stands up to those tricky designs.  The hoop is so easy to mount that it is really good for applique and ITH where you have to take hoop off and on many times.   I’ve had it run all day and it never ‘burps’.  Handles metallic threads the absolute best of all my machines.  You do have to oil it regularly but it is much easier to oil than the 500E .... just a few drops behind the needle bar.  The only drawback if you do big big designs is the hoop is 240x200.  I seldom do designs bigger than that except quilt blocks which I do using the Quilt hoop of my 15000.  I haven’t looked at the MB7 so don’t know price point but it is a newer model and .... yeah ... more threads.  Good luck with the decision.  I was a former Pfaff girl [30 years] but Love my three Janome machines.
Heather

On Jan 27, 2020, at 5:49 AM, mah_jongg@... via Groups.Io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

Been looking at the 550E & MB-4s. Both have their pros & cons. Was wondering how well the MB-4s works for doing ITH projects. Have lots of them. From day one, my 10000 has never worked properly for embroidering.  The 8000 & 9000 machines embroidered like a charm.

Thanks

mah_jongg@ymail.com

Thanks!