Topics

Horizon suite link new laptop

Sewhat

I just purchase new laptop windows 10.  Old laptop windows 7.  How do I transfer horizon suite link and all its updates to the new computer.
My last upgrade was to quilt maker. Please tell me copy will work- probably not.  Do I have to start all over from original old CD?

onlinesewing@...

No, you can't copy it. Windows programs must always be installed, because they stash parts in various places. You will have to start with the original CD, but your new laptop probably does not have a CD drive. Use the old computer to copy the original CD to a blank USB drive. Then take the USB drive to the new laptop, open it, and double click the "Setup" program to start installation. If you have an updated 15000 you will also need to install the update using the download that you hopefully saved when you updated. If you have not updated, then you'll want to install this update instead.

Judith Wika

I had the same installed original CD and the update drone Janome. 

Judie Wika

On May 1, 2018, at 12:33 PM, Sewhat <ddstrode@...> wrote:

I just purchase new laptop windows 10.  Old laptop windows 7.  How do I transfer horizon suite link and all its updates to the new computer.
My last upgrade was to quilt maker. Please tell me copy will work- probably not.  Do I have to start all over from original old CD?

Sewhat

I updated with the original cd and the link you provided.  I think the problem is I am on version 1.3 on the old computer and version 3 quiltmaker on the Mc 15000☺️

Donna Strode

On May 1, 2018, at 6:16 PM, onlinesewing@... wrote:

No, you can't copy it. Windows programs must always be installed, because they stash parts in various places. You will have to start with the original CD, but your new laptop probably does not have a CD drive. Use the old computer to copy the original CD to a blank USB drive. Then take the USB drive to the new laptop, open it, and double click the "Setup" program to start installation. If you have an updated 15000 you will also need to install the update using the download that you hopefully saved when you updated. If you have not updated, then you'll want to install this update instead.

Deborah Gore

You can write to Janome and they will provide you with a link to install horizion link.

onlinesewing@...

You will need to get the link to download the 1.3 upgrade. Janome should be able to provide it, though you may have to request it through your dealer. When you download the 1.3 upgrade be sure to save the download in case you need to reinstall later.

Sewhat

Thank you I will do that next. I really appreciate your support

Donna Strode

To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Horizon suite link new laptop

You can write to Janome and they will provide you with a link to install horizion link.

Barbara Castle

Yikes! I’ve been reading this string of messages. I am new to Windows 10 (being a Mac user). How do I determine if I have the most recent Horizon Link software. I can’t find a place to right click for properties.

Suggestions?

Barbara Castle

onlinesewing@...

Open Horizon Link Suite from the desktop icon. Right click the small icon in the top left corner next to the words "HorizonLinkSuite" and choose "About Horizon Link". The latest version is 1.31.

Kit

I was just reading this and my updated version reads version 1.30, but the upgrade I received said 1.31.    Is this a problem?

Thanks,

Kit Matt

onlinesewing@...

No, not a problem. Some of the apps in the update have a version of 1.30, while the main "menu" app is 1.31. You're fine.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I looked on the Janome website and the latest version out there is 1.2. Where do I find the latest update? My machine has been updated and repaired.

Thanks,

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of onlinesewing@...
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:04 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Horizon suite link new laptop

No, not a problem. Some of the apps in the update have a version of 1.30, while the main "menu" app is 1.31. You're fine.

onlinesewing@...

The 1.3 update was not published on the website, because Janome only wants it available for updated machines. When your machine was updated your dealer was supposed to notify Janome with your email and machine information. They would then email you a link to download the update. That procedure is for the US and Canada only. In Australia and UK the update was included on the USB drive in the box of new feet. I'm not sure why this convoluted method was chosen, but that's how it works.

Previous Topic Next Topic