Topics

Horizon suite link new laptop

Sewhat

I just purchase new laptop windows 10.  Old laptop windows 7.  How do I transfer horizon suite link and all its updates to the new computer.
My last upgrade was to quilt maker. Please tell me copy will work- probably not.  Do I have to start all over from original old CD?

onlinesewing@...

No, you can't copy it. Windows programs must always be installed, because they stash parts in various places. You will have to start with the original CD, but your new laptop probably does not have a CD drive. Use the old computer to copy the original CD to a blank USB drive. Then take the USB drive to the new laptop, open it, and double click the "Setup" program to start installation. If you have an updated 15000 you will also need to install the update using the download that you hopefully saved when you updated. If you have not updated, then you'll want to install this update instead.

Judith Wika

I had the same installed original CD and the update drone Janome.

Judie Wika

On May 1, 2018, at 12:33 PM, Sewhat <ddstrode@...> wrote:

I just purchase new laptop windows 10.  Old laptop windows 7.  How do I transfer horizon suite link and all its updates to the new computer.
My last upgrade was to quilt maker. Please tell me copy will work- probably not.  Do I have to start all over from original old CD?

Sewhat

I updated with the original cd and the link you provided.  I think the problem is I am on version 1.3 on the old computer and version 3 quiltmaker on the Mc 15000☺️

Donna Strode

On May 1, 2018, at 6:16 PM, onlinesewing@... wrote:

No, you can't copy it. Windows programs must always be installed, because they stash parts in various places. You will have to start with the original CD, but your new laptop probably does not have a CD drive. Use the old computer to copy the original CD to a blank USB drive. Then take the USB drive to the new laptop, open it, and double click the "Setup" program to start installation. If you have an updated 15000 you will also need to install the update using the download that you hopefully saved when you updated. If you have not updated, then you'll want to install this update instead.

Deborah Gore

You can write to Janome and they will provide you with a link to install horizion link.

onlinesewing@...

You will need to get the link to download the 1.3 upgrade. Janome should be able to provide it, though you may have to request it through your dealer. When you download the 1.3 upgrade be sure to save the download in case you need to reinstall later.

Sewhat

Thank you I will do that next. I really appreciate your support

Donna Strode