Topics

Horizon Link Suite 1.30 does not see 15000 built-in designs on machine

Deborah G

I am having a few issues with the connection between the 15000 and Horizon link suite.  Both have the new update.
 1)  I can't connect to the machine via wi-fi.  the 15000 and pc (windows 10) are both on the same network and it did work after the update, then it didn't.  no change to the network, pc or 15000.  Have re installed the driver and it said it was successful.
 2)  Even when I use the cable to connect to the 15000, I am not able to see the built in designs on the machine.  When I select the machine icon, I see two folders, ORD and Emb.  Both are empty.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Deborah

onlinesewing@...

The built-in designs are not downloadable or viewable from the machine. They are already installed in Horizon Link  Suite. Use Windows Explorer to open Documents -> HorizonLinkSuite -> Embroidery Designs. You'll find all the built-in designs there.

I've found that if your router gets restarted, or your network changes in some way, the machine falls off the network. Go through the SET screen again and reconnect WiFi to the machine. Then it should work.

Gloria Lewis

I did as you suggested and found the designs on Horizon Link.   I do have Embird and was able to print out thumbnails of the some of the designs.  May I ask the question then, what is the best way to transfer these designs to my machine.............I don’t understand (new user to JEF and Janome) the best way to access designs.  I am able to open and send designs using Horizon Link Suite on my laptop.  Would I use a USB stick?   Thanks    Gloria Lewis

onlinesewing@...

There are 3 ways to send designs from Horizon Link Suite to your machine:
  1. Via WiFi.
  2. Via USB cable.
  3. Via USB stick.

Which method you use is up to your particular circumstances. WiFi may not be available depending on how far your machine is from the router. USB cable may not work if your machine is more than 16 feet from your computer. That's the maximum recommended length for a USB cable. Using a USB stick works in any situation, but requires physically moving the stick from your computer to the machine.

There is no need to send the built-in designs to your machine. They are already there! The reason they are included in Horizon Link Suite is so you can use them in combination with other designs or lettering, and then send the composite to the machine.

Deborah G

Thank you for your help.