Topics

Horizon Link Acufil

Pat Godsey

Have so enjoyed being a part of this group as I have learned so much. Is it possible to bring in an outside quilting design in Acufil tool and have It calculate the number of hoopings? Are there detailed tutorials on this part of the software? I so appreciate any help on this part of the software. Thank you so much.

Nyssa Lanzafame

I am trying to find if anyone has answered this question?

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 8:31 AM Pat Godsey <pmgodsey@...> wrote:
Have so enjoyed being a part of this group as I have learned so much. Is it possible to bring in an outside quilting design in Acufil tool and have It calculate the number of hoopings? Are there detailed tutorials on this part of the software? I so appreciate any help on this part of the software. Thank you so much.

Pat Godsey

I never did get an answer, but assumed my message got lost as I had never asked a question.  If anyone has an answer, I would really appreciate it.  I could not find anything on the subject online or in the manual.  Thank you so much for your help.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 7:27 AM Nyssa Lanzafame <Nyssajoe@...> wrote:
I am trying to find if anyone has answered this question?

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 8:31 AM Pat Godsey <pmgodsey@...> wrote:
Have so enjoyed being a part of this group as I have learned so much. Is it possible to bring in an outside quilting design in Acufil tool and have It calculate the number of hoopings? Are there detailed tutorials on this part of the software? I so appreciate any help on this part of the software. Thank you so much.

juliadlf.ny@...

If you go to YouTube there are tutorials. Use Search criteria: "Horizon Link Acufil". Several video tutorials.
Here is Janome's tutorial:http://www.janome.com/en/blog/new-six-part-video-series-on-acufil-quilting-/
Lastly, Jim and Diane's IPad App has tutorials.

Hope this helps,
Julia

Lynne Dean

Hi Pat
I saw your original question and was interested in any responses. Have not used my Acufil for a while as on a mission to clear my sewing room of unfinished projects. I’m nearly done with a lengthy project and next on the list needs all over stippling so will be getting my head round Acufil again. Will have a play around and see if I can use any of my purchased designs in the calculator. From memory I think the software uses .jpx files, but my memory isn’t great these days.
Lynne

favymtz

I saw your question when you first asked, but I don’t have any clear idea of what it is you want to do with the “outside designs” you mentioned. Are they quilting motifs, embroidered designs, pre-made stipples, etc, you need to be more specific.
Acufil has two main functions. One is to create stipple fills to fit a specific design area; the other is to use quilting motifs to create a layout that can be used on a specific size project. It’s all based on the AQS22 hoop size.
Also, if you have the 15000 app often mentioned in this group, Diane does some very good explanations of ways to use Acufil and most likely you will find your answer there. If you haven’t purchased the app yet, you should!
favymtz