Horizon 15000 touch screen problem

Kathy Skagen

Hello all,
I have a question that I hope someone has an answer for. I have been busy and have not turned my 15000 on for about 2 weeks. I just turned it on and the touch screen seems to be stuck/frozen with the message "Resume last pattern"? There is an OK button and an X button. Nothing responds. I cannot push either button and none of the icons along the bottom of the screen work. I have turned it off and unplugged it with no difference.
I just thought I'd ask in case there is something simple that I can do to fix this. The machine will not sew either.
Thank you!
Kathy

Jim Stutsman

It sounds like the touch screen may have failed. You'll need to have your dealer/technician take a look at it.

Fran

My 5 year warranty was up this year and I’ve had nothing but problems with my 15000. It’s been at the dealers a minimum of 3 times since February. Thanks to you, Jim, and your subscribers, after my foot pedal notification kept appearing, I knew to order a replacement. It hasn’t been delivered, yet, but I’m sure it’ll solve the problem. (This is a totally separate issue from the others.) Needless to say, I won’t be trading it for the new one coming out in August.

Kathy Skagen

Oh dear! That sounds like it will be expensive. It is not under warrantee. I'll be taking it in tomorrow.
Thank you, Jim.
Kathy

On Monday, June 7, 2021, 09:00:23 PM CDT, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

It sounds like the touch screen may have failed. You'll need to have your dealer/technician take a look at it.

Judy Albert

My screen on the MC12000 freezes up sometimes, usually if it is in a cold room. But if I turn it on and let it warm up (like about an hour), it will then work.  It’s worth a try.

Judy in No. VA

Kathy Skagen

Thanks, Judy. I'll try it. It sure can't hurt.
Kathy