Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 2:54 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Homebrew $3 vertical spool pin project

Here it is, a project worthy of the "Redneck Repairs" website. Using a handful of stuff that we had laying around, and a trip to Home Depot, we came up with a vertical spool pin that let us sew one of the built in redwork designs at 1,000 stitches per minute using a size 11 (blue tip) needle and some cheap metallic thread. All the gory details are available in this document I've uploaded to the files section: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/janome12000/files

No living creatures were harmed in creating this thing, but I did manage to glue 12 washers and a bobbin to a pencil. Great projects require great sacrifice!

stitchnpatch

I am impressed with the discussion and solutions that my question about the vertical spool pin and metallic threads has generated. Very inventive, Jim and worth consideration. Do you think that Janome might consider bringing out a vertical spool pin for the 12000 at some point in the future? I might contact Janome here in the UK and suggest it to them.
Vicki

maggie cooper

Jim, that is worthy of a Heath Robinson or Lube Goldberg gold star award except for one thing. You kept yours beautifully simple.
Maggie in UK

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

it's beginning to look like there may be multiple items that didn't make the release of the 12000, probably because of the devastation from the earthquake & tsunami. In the case of the vertical spool pin, every Janome model has had one. All they would need to do is make one with a round base to match the hole that's already in the machine for the horizontal extra pin. So yes, I think it's very possible that we'll get one. It certainly couldn't hurt to make the suggestion.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "stitchnpatch" <stitchnpatch@...> wrote:

I am impressed with the discussion and solutions that my question about the vertical spool pin and metallic threads has generated. Very inventive, Jim and worth consideration. Do you think that Janome might consider bringing out a vertical spool pin for the 12000 at some point in the future? I might contact Janome here in the UK and suggest it to them.
Vicki

nettieangood

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, maggie cooper <maggiecoops@...> wrote:

Jim, that is worthy of a Heath Robinson or Lube Goldberg gold star award except for one thing. You kept yours beautifully simple.
Maggie in UK
Not only can this be done but it has been done. I have a dear friend whose husband made an adapter for her and of course she told him he had to make two so that there was one for me. It is sitting on my machine right now and looks like it was always part of it. Nettie in Winnipeg, Canada