Topics

Hi and a couple of questions

stitchnpatch

Hi - my name is Vicki and I live in the UK. I'm really looking forward to getting my machine which I hope will be delivered by the end of the month. I do have a couple of questions for those of you who already are playing with your machines - sounds like you are having great fun.

When embroidering what type of threads are you using in the needle and in the bobbin and have you had any issues with tension?

Feet - all of the advertising literature says there are 20 feet but doesn't say what they are, is there one suitable for stitching leather eg a teflon foot? I only ask as I am doing a workshop in November when we shall be embroidering on leather then making it into a bag. The embroidering isn't an issue but the construction might be.

Thanks
Vicki

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Vickie we've used several different threads in both needle and bobbin, with no issues at all. Tension has been perfect with everything. When altering some jeans for our granddaughter, Diane was impressed by the machine sensing the fabric and applying just the right amount of pressure. She used a triple stitch to duplicate the look of the original stitching and you can't tell they didn't come from the factory. Perfect tension!

The 20 feet include all the usual suspects, basically 9mm versions of the standard feet that have always been included with top of line Janome models. The Teflon (Ultra Glide) foot is not included, and I suspect the 9mm version of that foot is not yet available to dealers. You can use the 7mm foot for your project if you get a high shank foot holder to attach it. You can either use the foot holder from the 7700 (Part #846572004) or the 11000 (Part #830504017).

--- In janome12000@..., "stitchnpatch" <stitchnpatch@...> wrote:

Hi - my name is Vicki and I live in the UK. I'm really looking forward to getting my machine which I hope will be delivered by the end of the month. I do have a couple of questions for those of you who already are playing with your machines - sounds like you are having great fun.

When embroidering what type of threads are you using in the needle and in the bobbin and have you had any issues with tension?

Feet - all of the advertising literature says there are 20 feet but doesn't say what they are, is there one suitable for stitching leather eg a teflon foot? I only ask as I am doing a workshop in November when we shall be embroidering on leather then making it into a bag. The embroidering isn't an issue but the construction might be.

Thanks
Vicki

Sue Sweet

Hi Jim and Vicki,

We haven’t had a lot of time to play with our store demo yet but were very impressed by the quality of the embroidery we have done so far.
As for sewing on leather, we had a customer ask us to test the very same thing. She had seen a sample of decorative stitch ( 120 I think Jim) but wanted to sew it on leather. We used the Accufeed Flex (double) foot and there was no difference to the sample of stitching done on cotton fabric. Very happy !
I am going to have to rethink my collection of machines and narrow it down to a couple of models to include the 12000.
Sue

Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:48 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Hi and a couple of questions