Help needed Modifying/creating a Stitch

juliadlf.ny@...

I am trying to modify or create a stitch for an applique project I am working on.
I've tried the Horizon Suite to create in Stitch Composer but cannot get it to stitch correctly.
The stitch I am trying to create would be similar to the Quilt #25 stitch on the Quiltmaker 15000 but
not be continuous but just a single design and would need it to start at the center of a circle (attached pdf of the circle).
I've tried YouTube and Diane's videos but none seem to be what I'm looking to do as they are more to a continuous design.
Is it possible to save a stitch design from the 15000 and modify in Stitch Composer? How would i do that?
This design would be used to applique a berry circle to the fabric and also be used to applique the center of a flower down.
Hope this makes sense what I'm trying to accomphlish.
Thanks for any thoughts on how I can do this.

favymtz

I would love to offer you some more advice Julia, but let me know if what I write here isn't what you need!
When you say you want it to start at the "center of a circle" do you mean literally in the center of the applique, not along the edge?
Quilt #25 stitch is a little star, so are you asking if you can create a stitch that's just the star without the straight stitches that connect stars together?
If so, that stitch is available as an stx file in Horizon Link Stitch Composer, and it would be fairly easy to modify.
Are you aware that Quilt #24 is also a star, without the connecting stitches like #25?
You can stitch it as a single design by touching the lock stitch as you begin to sew, or program it with a lockstitch on screen.
You can also modify the size of it to make it smaller or larger using the width & length buttons.
So, if that's what you need you don't really need to make your own.
Re: Is it possible to save a stitch design from the 15000 and modify in Stitch Composer? How would i do that?
The answer is no. The stitches on the machine are a different format, ord+, not stx.
As I mentioned, some of the stitches are included as stx files in Stitch Composer (and if you have AcuStitch if you've purchase it).
I'm attaching a sheet that I made with all the .stx stitches that you'll have access to in Stitch Composer. These stitches can be modified, but make sure to save them with a different name.
Again, let me know if I haven't helped with the right information!
--
Favymtz

Kathy Skagen

Hi Favy,
I have been following this conversation and I want to thank you for the  pdf you attached. Your information is helping me to understand the nuances of my machine, especially .ord and .stx.
Kathy

On Sunday, September 26, 2021, 09:52:17 AM CDT, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

[...]

You're welcome Kathy!
Just a note about the stitch chart that I made:
These are the stitches that come with Horizon Link Suite,
the numbers do not match the stitch number on the sewing machine even though they are the same stitches
all stx files can be used in Horizon Link Editing Designs/convert stx, Stitch Composer and AcuStitch
--
Favymtz

juliadlf.ny@...

Thank you Favymtz. I'll take a look tonight to see if I can get this to work for what I need.
I have to go back on my PC to access Horizon Suite since I primarily use a Mac and
HS is not available in Mac version.
Julia