Topics

Help again

SDY Trading

Sorry Jim ..I have been trying to send you this message separately but always return back to me ..so I had to do this reply ..u might get it this time.

Hello Jim ,
I don’t know if u remember me ,I sent you 10 days ago about my 15000 with big blue nest and message on the screen that doesn’t go nor let any thing move.
The dealer where I live couldn’t fix it .. they suggested send the machine to Japan on my cost .
That is really a fortune . Should I throw the machine 🙈..I already invested a lot of money on the machine and bought the extras .. feet .. hoops .. extensions ..
Any suggestions! Really desperate.
Thank you for listening.
Hala

On Jun 22, 2020, at 2:39 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

BEFORE YOU TAKE IT IN - Remove the needle plate and bobbin holder. Use magnification and a bright light to closely inspect the rim of the silver "basket" that the bobbin case rides. In 25 years of servicing machines every time I was presented with a machine that "eats bobbin cases" there was damage to the hook race. Small pits usually just cause clicking while sewing, but nicks and deep gouges will cause the stitch to catch and not release properly. That will pull the case up and spin it, causing this kind of problem and usually more damage. Many dealers never look for this. There is a tool available to them (Part #OILSTONE) that will polish out minor damage, but if the hook race is notched or deeply damaged it should be replaced.

Another thing to check is the position of the bobbin case and stopper. Look at the area circled in this photo. The little "nub" on the bobbin case should be in full contact with the stopper. If the stopper is too far toward the front of the machine it is super easy for the case to pop up and spin, especially at high speed. Also note the position of the spring that the case bumps up agains. It should be absolutely straight as shown in the photo. If it is bent, or worse, missing, the stopper should be replaced.

<Capto_Capture 2020-06-21_05-34-09_PM.png>

Jim Stutsman

It appears that you are in the United Arab Emirates, so the lack of service is not especially surprising. However sending the machine to Japan seems like a bad idea as well. I'm in no position to offer advice, since I have never been there and know nothing about the dealer situation. Perhaps someone else on the list can offer more insight.

SDY Trading

Nothing so far .
Thank you Jim did replying though .
Hala

On Jul 3, 2020, at 5:19 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

It appears that you are in the United Arab Emirates, so the lack of service is not especially surprising. However sending the machine to Japan seems like a bad idea as well. I'm in no position to offer advice, since I have never been there and know nothing about the dealer situation. Perhaps someone else on the list can offer more insight.

Claire Schutz

Is it possible to contact the company about all of this?  Claire S.