Hatch software question

Caroline Wright

I had been running Digitizer MBX5 on my Mac with Parallels running Windows.  This has worked well for years but recently my hard drive crashed and I can't get the software reinstalled.
I'm thinking about trying Hatch.  Will it work on a Mac without Windows and will it recognize embroidery files that I already own?  Also, what is the price if anyone knows.

thanks
Caroline

Jim Stutsman

Hatch also requires Windows. The Janome Artistic Digitizer runs on either Windows or Mac, but it won't open any JAN or EMB files you have created in MBX5. It will open all stitch file formats, including JEF, JPX, etc. Details about Hatch can be found here.

Lyn Quine

It should run on Mac but you’ll still need windows, you’ll need minimum 8GB of memory 16GB recommended.  It should recognise your designs and any you’ve digitised as a .EMB.  Check on the Wilcom website and if on Facebook check out John Deers Facebook pages there’s quite a good community and his YouTube channel lots of free videos.  I use MBX 5.5 on a PC I used V5 as well.  I needed 16GB to use 5.5 and Hatch 2 is similar in fact there isn’t much difference, no Corel draw in Hatch but does work with it as an external program. On a Mac you might need more memory for windows a parallels to work as well as hatch

Virginia

You can keep both Hatch and MBX5 on your computer.   Virginia.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

Hatch also requires Windows. The Janome Artistic Digitizer runs on either Windows or Mac, but it won't open any JAN or EMB files you have created in MBX5. It will open all stitch file formats, including JEF, JPX, etc. Details about Hatch can be found here.

Caroline Wright

Thank you Jim.

On Dec 13, 2020, at 12:29 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Hatch also requires Windows. The Janome Artistic Digitizer runs on either Windows or Mac, but it won't open any JAN or EMB files you have created in MBX5. It will open all stitch file formats, including JEF, JPX, etc. Details about Hatch can be found here.

Ceil J

You can order Hatch through John Deer for special extras and I think it's on sale now for $799.

Meryl Margolies

Hatch has a pay monthly program. It's $45 a month for 12 months without digitizing. I think it's $60 a month for 12 months with digitizing.

Have a sew-sew day,
Meryl

--
Thank you,