hand look stitches.

Anne Hein DE

The handlook stitches in the m7 are different from the 15000 hand look stitches. The difference is the m7 the stitches change how they look each time you add one. So if you pick one of the special handlook stitches and press once the stitch may point a bit to the right press again it may move a bit to the left - it makes the stitches look very crooked. In the 15000 there are hand look stitches but the way they are programed they just don't get as crooked looking as the m7 and the m7 has more of them.

Cheers
Anne in DE

Lyn Quine

Could the hand stitches on both machines be altered in stitch composer.

Cheryl Paul

I’m not sure if the hand look stitches can be brought into Stitch Composer, but you could make such stitches if you had a backdrop picture to bring in. What makes them different is that the programming in the M7 is such that when you engage the line of stitches ie: in decorative, you can have a sewing machine, high heel, clasp, etc. in a row; now instead of using different stitches you just bring in the same stitch over and over - that will give you individual looks for each stitch as it sews. The video I saw on-line used 7 copies of the stitch. I’m putting a link to a video that I found this morning - I’m not sure if it is the same one I saw first or another that came via “notifications”. It is good, but remember how our educators and others are trying to give us information using Facebook, Instagram and other media as we can’t go see them at “live” events - AND they have “no camera man/woman” so quality sea sickness is a possibility at times.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=236303227588530&ref=watch_permalink

I hope this video helps explain a bit better what I was trying to say in words in previous posts. It is really amazing what can be found using “Mr. Google” - I find all kinds of things that I’d never thought of before.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

sewnice@...

does any one know what the hand look stitch is on the 14000

thanks
Sharon

favymtz

Hand look stitches on the 12000, 14000 and 15000 are decorative stitches in the Decorative Stitch category, look for them there. These Hand look stitches are dense hand embroidery looking stitches.
on the new Continental M7 machine there is also an additional decorative stitch function that we’re discussing in the group. Those Hand look stitches are designed to look uneven to simulate hand sewn work. Only the M7 has them so far.
--
Favymtz

Cheryl Paul

Sharon,

Here is another link - it looks like she is using an Skyline machine
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhfgOphbh9g

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rZ0WWZFuQ

I know that there are some differences that came with the Continental M7 as it is Janome’s latest sewing machine (no embroidery on this one), but most of the hand look stitches can be made on many machine. It is a technique but sewing machine companies have tried to make it easy to do IF you follow instructions. I suggest that you Google for more videos - specify Janome, so that you can narrow the search a little.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

sewnice@...

Cheryl Paul,

thank you  sew much

Sharon

favymtz

When I posted my comments about hand look stitches I also realized that the question being asked could be about the hand look quilting stitches.
So we actually could be talking about 1 of 3 types of stitches!
  • Hand look quilting (using monofilament in the upper thread) (have been available on most Janome models for many years)
  • Hand look that are the dense embroidery stitches (I think started on the Janome 12000 machine)
  • Hand look stitches that are the irregular stitch patterns on the new M7 machine.
Which is it???
--
Favymtz