Free project for 12000 owners!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Diane loves in-the-hoop projects, and the lovely 230 x 300 hoop GR allows for bigger projects than she's ever done before. She also loves Starbucks, so she made her own custom Zarf. What's a Zarf you say? That's the little cardboard sleeve that they put on the coffee cup to protect your fingers. It's not terribly effective at that. Diane made hers from Minkee Blankee fabric. It's insulated and works great for both hot and cold drinks. With some careful digitizing Diane has managed to create a Zarf project that is done entirely within the hoop. The only other sewing needed is to attach the button.

The finished project is in a single Zip file. It contains instructions and two designs - one with an embroidered design in the middle, and the other blank so you can insert your own embroidery using the EDIT screen of the 12000 or Horizon Link. The project file is too large to upload to our file space on Yahoo, so I've put it on DropBox. Here's the download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/48356382/zarf.zip

For those of you who have machines, let us know what you think & maybe upload photos of your finished Zarf. If you are still waiting for your 12000, download the project and save it to use as your first project on your new machine.

Tina Jensen <jensen.rt@...>

Thanks for the free project, I also like doing in the hoop projects, look forward to making it when my machine arrives,Tina.

[...]

Chris Krause <nckrause@...>

Thanks for the project...soon as I get some fabric I'm going to try that.
Love that name. When I was young (in a previous century) we used to have a
restaurant called the Dog and Suds, popularly known as the Art and Barf.
The Zarf would have been perfect for the Arf and Barf!

Chris

volney47 <ione42@...>

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Krause" <nckrause@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the Zarf design Jim and Diane....I picked up my 12000 last Friday and loving it...I bought it at Mulqueens in Masa Az no dealer in Tucson..Very happy with all the wonderful people that work there especially Karen..Jim are you going to have a 12 talke for us new owners?
Grace------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Ah yes, back in the age of the dinosaurs when my high school friends and I finished our shift at the Original Pancake House, we would hit the Dog and Suds up the road. We referred to it as the "Dog and Sludge." Good times!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Krause" <nckrause@...> wrote:

Thanks for the project...soon as I get some fabric I'm going to try that.
Love that name. When I was young (in a previous century) we used to have a
restaurant called the Dog and Suds, popularly known as the Art and Barf.
The Zarf would have been perfect for the Arf and Barf!

Chris

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Congratulations Grace, you're going to love that machine. We've got much bigger plans for the 12000 than a simple newsletter. Once Diane has recovered from her grandchild-shared cold she'll be back to work on it. We hope to have the first installment ready before the end of the year.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "volney47" <ione42@...> wrote:
Thanks for the Zarf design Jim and Diane....I picked up my 12000 last Friday and loving it...I bought it at Mulqueens in Masa Az no dealer in Tucson..Very happy with all the wonderful people that work there especially Karen..Jim are you going to have a 12 talke for us new owners?

Grace------------------------------------

Linda Lawes <linda.lawes1@...>

Now that sounds very interesting ! Bigger plans for a bigger machine , can't wait!

Just to let all of you know that I am getting along just great with this intuitive machine. Had a couple of slips, changed the bobbin holder  to the yellow spot one as I was not using Janome bobbin thread and that cured my thread tension problem. Its all just me making errors so far. Now getting on to stitching my big quilt project and I am using the lock straight stich, works great and then later on the free motion quilting.

This is so much fun it should be illegal !!!

Linda

--- In janome12000@..., "volney47" wrote:
Thanks for the Zarf design Jim and Diane....I picked up my 12000 last Friday and loving it...I bought it at Mulqueens in Masa Az no dealer in Tucson..Very happy with all the wonderful people that work there especially Karen..Jim are you going to have a 12 talke for us new owners?

Steve

Jim and Diane thank you for the Zarf. How clever. It will be the first project for my 12000 when I take delivery in December. Appreciate you both. Emma P