Footbook

Cynthia Dickerson

Will the new Bilevel Topstitch Foot be added to the Footbook?  No rush, I purchased the foot for my Janome 15,000 and wondered if it would be added.  Thank you!  Cindy

Jim Stutsman

Yes, it's due for an update. I have several feet to add, but first we have to get them. Then photos & video, which takes quite a bit of time. Patience is appreciated!

Melanie Dumas

Thank you for all your hard work. I for one am looking forward to your updated FootBook.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 11:28 AM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, it's due for an update. I have several feet to add, but first we have to get them. Then photos & video, which takes quite a bit of time. Patience is appreciated!

Patricia Ward

Thank you for doing the update on the Footbook. I bought the new feet but always look forward to Diane's videos of using the feet.

Pat

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 11:28 AM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, it's due for an update. I have several feet to add, but first we have to get them. Then photos & video, which takes quite a bit of time. Patience is appreciated!

Jim Stutsman

Too soon to be thanking us - there is a hefty to-do list in place, after we get the feet. It also appears they may be sold out. It will definitely be in the fall before we get to it.

Ceil J

Those feet seem very pricey to me!  $55USD is the lowest I've seen and it seems very high or my memory is very low. :) Ceil

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 1:45 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Too soon to be thanking us - there is a hefty to-do list in place, after we get the feet. It also appears they may be sold out. It will definitely be in the fall before we get to it.

Lyn Quine

Can’t get the new feet in the UK as yet, which is quite normal the new machine has only just arrived here in the last few weeks and is a stupid price £13,999.  We are always behind the rest of the world.

On 24 Jul 2022, at 19:42, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:

Those feet seem very pricey to me!  $55USD is the lowest I've seen and it seems very high or my memory is very low. :) Ceil

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 1:45 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Too soon to be thanking us - there is a hefty to-do list in place, after we get the feet. It also appears they may be sold out. It will definitely be in the fall before we get to it.

Anne Stoye

I don’t expect that they will sell a lot of the new machines in the UK at that price.  I’ll be keeping my 12000 for any embroidery and when my 9400 is out of action eg being serviced.

I would miss the free arm and the things I feel covetous about on other brands (eg Pfaff ribbon stitches) haven’t been included on the new machine (as far as I am aware).  I liked the idea of being able to use the ribbon stitches to make braid for jackets or other trims.

New feet are, however, an affordable upgrade and I’ll be taking an interest in those.

Anne

Jim Stutsman

That's probably the new normal price. Everything costs more now due to the cost of shipping, which has more than doubled in the past couple of years. I would guess that a large part of the absurdly high price of the M17 is due to factoring in the cost of shipping. Not only is it very large, it's also heavy. That means fewer machines in a container that now costs way more to ship.

Ceil J

Thanks, Jim.  When the 3 new feet were first announced, I thought that, of course, I'd get them! But I'm not so sure right now.  That flat-felled foot would be nice.  I have a plastic (after-market one for my older Janome and found that it was easier to do the seam without the foot but the metal foot might make a difference.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 4:50 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
That's probably the new normal price. Everything costs more now due to the cost of shipping, which has more than doubled in the past couple of years. I would guess that a large part of the absurdly high price of the M17 is due to factoring in the cost of shipping. Not only is it very large, it's also heavy. That means fewer machines in a container that now costs way more to ship.

Gail Medeiros

It sounds like there are several new feet out that will fit the 15000. Could someone let me know what they are? Thanks.

Ceil J

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 7:19 PM Gail Medeiros <quiltangel@...> wrote:
It sounds like there are several new feet out that will fit the 15000. Could someone let me know what they are? Thanks.

Anne Parker

I'm looking forward to being able to get the new feet in UK and then also the update to the Footbook.  My machine is in storage yet again, as I am on the move after only 4 years in our last place.  Currently have been in our caravan for 4 months while we wait to get into the next house on 4th October, so I am really looking forward to getting it out and getting used to using the 15000 again!  I do however have my Singer 222k in the 'van' so I'm not totally without a machine!!

That £13999 for the M17 is obscene.  The 15000 is now around £8000 so it's holding it's price well, in fact that's more than I paid for mine several years ago!  I've done a comparison on the two and for me the difference doesn't justify the £6000 difference in price.

Anne
www.sewingtales.wordpress.com

"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Desiderata - By Max Ehrmann © 1927

Jim Stutsman

The link in the above post is correct, but may not work. This is probably due to security in WordPress. If it doesn’t work try right-clicking the link. Then copy it and paste it into the address bar of your browser.

Cat - N

Thank you.  This came out about the same time that my available time dropped to zero...LOL

- Cat (FL)

It sounds like there are several new feet out that will fit the 15000. Could someone let me know what they are? Thanks.

Sandra Wheeler

I hope so. Bought the BiLevel foot but my 15000 is in the shop. I miss her

On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 9:26 AM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
Will the new Bilevel Topstitch Foot be added to the Footbook?  No rush, I purchased the foot for my Janome 15,000 and wondered if it would be added.  Thank you!  Cindy

Cynthia Dickerson

Yes, I thought that was very high also.  I only bought the one because of the expense.  Maybe a new one for my birthday and one for Christmas!!  That’s how it works around here.

Cynthia Dickerson

Thank you Jim.  I just did not know if the FootBook would stop with the 15000 or if it would carry on.  You know we all love Diane’s videos.  We will all patiently wait!

Gail Medeiros

Thanks Ceil and Jim. The link worked perfectly! I'll have to check these out at my local dealer.

Maria Boone

Speaking of the M17…
I bought one for $15000. Canadian. I kept my 15000 as a backup.
The MRSP is nuts, but I doubt anyone actually pays that.
Btw, the M17 is worth every penny!