Topics

Footbook.

mamajoce@...

Hi, I have recently acquired the sliding guide foot for 9mm but I can’t seem to find it in Footbook app to add to my inventory.
Is it under a different name or kit?

Jocelyne

onlinesewing@...

Wow - I've messed up twice in one day! This morning I was advised that I neglected to add the 6700P to the machines list, which I just finished. You have reminded me that even though we bought the 9mm SG foot, I failed to add it to FootBook. I have made a glamour shot for it, but will need to do a bit of magic on the video tomorrow. It should be in your app in a couple of days. Thanks for letting me know!

mamajoce@...

Thank-you 🙂

Barbara Castle

Thank you from me also! I wondered where it was and am glad you’re adding it. Hope your day got better!

Barbara Castle

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 4:33 PM <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
Wow - I've messed up twice in one day! This morning I was advised that I neglected to add the 6700P to the machines list, which I just finished. You have reminded me that even though we bought the 9mm SG foot, I failed to add it to FootBook. I have made a glamour shot for it, but will need to do a bit of magic on the video tomorrow. It should be in your app in a couple of days. Thanks for letting me know!

Evy Van Tiem

Can you tell me what the Footbook is?  Is it an app or a real book?

Evy

onlinesewing@...

Thanks so much for asking! FootBook was the first app we created for Janome owners. It provides a reference to all the machine feet (but not sergers), in both text and video form. FootBook is available in the Apple App Store for both iPhone and iPad. You can see what it does in the short video on this site.

onlinesewing@...

The 9mm Sliding Guide Foot is now in FootBook. The app checks for new things every 24 hours, but you can force it to check immediately by double-tapping the HOME button and swiping UP on the FootBook app. That terminates it. Then when you tap on the icon to launch it again it will check for updates. The new foot will have a red "NEW" badge in the master list.

I'm planning to update FootBook once I complete the updates to My 15000. If there is a feature you would like to see added, now would be a good time to request it. Thanks for your support!

Anne Stoye

Does the HP foot and plate fit the 12000?  Perhaps I have to ask Janome, but this does seem like a useful bit of kit.

Anne

onlinesewing@...

We no longer have a 12000 to test on, so I cannot answer definitively. However it only works on the 15000 if the Quilt Maker update has been installed. That's because the update enables sensors to recognize the HP plate and to only offer stitch choices that apply to that plate. Unless Janome updates the 12000 in a similar fashion it would be difficult to use on that machine. Also the HP foot/plate combo is only offered as part of the Quilt Maker package of feet. It would have to be ordered specially, at greater cost and a risk that it might not work.

Anne Stoye

Thank you very much for your helpful answer.  I think this means “no” as the 12000 is no longer being updated, as far as I can tell.  I can’t justify an upgrade to 15000 or similar yet, but this is another extra feature that I would value when I start feeling that a newer machine is needed and may bring the date of my next upgrade a little closer.

Anne

We no longer have a 12000 to test on, so I cannot answer definitively. However it only works on the 15000 if the Quilt Maker update has been installed. That's because the update enables sensors to recognize the HP plate and to only offer stitch choices that apply to that plate. Unless Janome updates the 12000 in a similar fashion it would be difficult to use on that machine. Also the HP foot/plate combo is only offered as part of the Quilt Maker package of feet. It would have to be ordered specially, at greater cost and a risk that it might not work.

Barbara Castle

Thanks!

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
The 9mm Sliding Guide Foot is now in FootBook. The app checks for new things every 24 hours, but you can force it to check immediately by double-tapping the HOME button and swiping UP on the FootBook app. That terminates it. Then when you tap on the icon to launch it again it will check for updates. The new foot will have a red "NEW" badge in the master list.

I'm planning to update FootBook once I complete the updates to My 15000. If there is a feature you would like to see added, now would be a good time to request it. Thanks for your support!

Janie Oren

The plate doesn't fit the 12000 but you can use the HP foot and the zigzag plate on the 12000.  I found just the foot without the plate at Sewing Parts on Line a year ago.  I absolutely love it and use it for just about everything.

Judi Rutherford

Thank you for all you do! Love all your apps.

Judi

William D Lawson

I have found that the HP foot also fits the skyline S5.  I love that foot.  As stated before, just use the zigzag foot and adjust the needle position to be in the middle of the foot.  Absolutely love that foot.  I want to buy an extra one - just in case I want to sew on both machines at the same time.  Ha  Ha

Gwen