Foot pedal Janome 15000

Helene B

I have a Janome 15000. Recently when I am sewing a picture of the foot petal comes up on the screen with a warning message and the machine stops. I prefer to use the foot petal to stop and start my machine. When this started I removed the little gizmo on the foot petal that cuts thread because I never use to see if that helps but it continues. When this happens I briefly disengage the foot petal from the machine then engage it again and the machine works again for a few minutes before it stops again with the same warning. Is this something I should be concerned about? It is very annoying.

Jim Stutsman

This seems to be a chronic problem with the 15000 foot control. Many people, ourselves included, have had to replace it. Check with your dealer.

Helene B

There is a foot pedal on sale on Amazon for the Janome 12000.would this work on my 15000? It take a long time for my dealer to get supplies from Janome.

On Apr 22, 2021, at 6:57 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

This seems to be a chronic problem with the 15000 foot control. Many people, ourselves included, have had to replace it. Check with your dealer.

Jim Stutsman

It will work, but it won't attach to the bracket with the cutter on it. As long as you don't mind using the button to cut threads you should be fine.

Helene B

Thank you

On Apr 23, 2021, at 5:31 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

It will work, but it won't attach to the bracket with the cutter on it. As long as you don't mind using the button to cut threads you should be fine.

Lyn Quine

I had the same problem with my 15000 foot pedal, I sent it back to Janome, and it was replaced under warranty, i had taken out the extended warranty, whilst I was waiting I used the foot pedal from my 6600P, it’s the same pedal as the 12000, I was glad when I got the replacement, only because it’s bigger under foot.

favymtz

I frequently use the 12000 foot pedal for the 15000, because when I take my machine to class I don't like to carry the big bulky one.
(I should say, when we used to go to classes!)
It works fine.
--
Favymtz