Flower Stitch Attacment

I would appreciate your feedback about the Flower Stitch attachment part number 202261003. It is not in the Foot Book
Thank you in advance

MariaEmilia

Jim Stutsman

There are two reasons the Flower Stitch attachment is not in FootBook:

1. Janome America sold off the last of them more than 10 years ago and no longer make it.

2. It does not work with most of the machines that have even feed or embroidery built in.

It's much like the Spirograph that many of us bought years ago to keep the kids amused. After a few hours it's not much fun any more and never gets used again.

My doubt was because I have the 6500P and in Janome América it appears in the optional  accessory list for this machine.

El jueves, enero 21, 2021, 2:43 p.m., Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> escribió:

There are two reasons the Flower Stitch attachment is not in FootBook:

1. Janome America sold off the last of them more than 10 years ago and no longer make it.

2. It does not work with most of the machines that have even feed or embroidery built in.

It's much like the Spirograph that many of us bought years ago to keep the kids amused. After a few hours it's not much fun any more and never gets used again.

Jim Stutsman

It's possible that they started making it again, or more likely found some stock they are trying to get rid of. We've been out of the business for 10 years, so anything is possible! There might be a dealer somewhere that still has one.

favymtz

Also the Flower Stitch Attachment was for low shank machines only. Generic versions are still available.
If you could find an adapter for the high shank-to-low shank you could maybe get the Flower Stitch Attachment to work.
I did that on another brand of machine that came with an adapter, but when we (at our local shop) looked for an adapter to fit the Janome High Shank machines I never found one that fit correctly.
I think the one we tried was from Elna.
--
Favymtz

Claire Schutz

Clare Rowley-Creative Feet has adaptors for high-low feet, Claire S.

On 1/22/2021 7:27 AM, favymtz wrote:
Also the Flower Stitch Attachment was for low shank machines only. Generic versions are still available.
If you could find an adapter for the high shank-to-low shank you could maybe get the Flower Stitch Attachment to work.
I did that on another brand of machine that came with an adapter, but when we (at our local shop) looked for an adapter to fit the Janome High Shank machines I never found one that fit correctly.
I think the one we tried was from Elna.
--
Favymtz

favymtz

That's good to know! Maybe that will be helpful for others, but I don't have the Flower Stitch attachment anymore, gave it away when I gave the machine.
--
Favymtz