From: Group Notification
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 2:33 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] File /Stitch Composer w cover and index.pdf uploaded #file-notice

The following files and folders have been uploaded to the Files area of the onlinesewing-janome@groups.io group.

By: Jim Stutsman <onlinesewing@...>

Stitch Composer tutorial from Carolyn Gazerro.

blue_lak

I keep getting the message "Failed to load PDF document." Any other files load with no problem.

favymtz

Right! It doesn’t download nor open!

Favymtz

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
Favymtz

Carolyn Gazerro

I was able to pull it up and view it from the link Jim sent.  Try to go into the files and see if it will upload from there!
All else, contact Jim.

Carolyn Gazerro

Just went into files and opened Stitch Composer dated 9/21/2022.  It was there,

favymtz

Very strange! I thought maybe it was because I was using Edge browser so tried Chrome also to no avail.
It tries to load, but get a message that it's unable...
And when I look at the Files there's nothing in the Files re Stitch Composer nor a file dated 9/2/2022.
Maybe some privacy setting?
I probably don't need it, I'm just curious to know what the file is all about!

--
Favymtz

Dottie Newkirk

I just looked and found it on page 3 in the files, Stitch Composer w Cover and Index - date says Sep 21.  I'm using Firefox.  Don't know if that makes any difference or not.  Dottie in Texas

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 4:58 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Very strange! I thought maybe it was because I was using Edge browser so tried Chrome also to no avail.
It tries to load, but get a message that it's unable...
And when I look at the Files there's nothing in the Files re Stitch Composer nor a file dated 9/2/2022.
Maybe some privacy setting?
I probably don't need it, I'm just curious to know what the file is all about!

--
Favymtz

Carolyn Gazerro

Carolyn Gazerro

It is a print out of the help manual.  Just sent the link in previous reply
if you give me your email address I can send it to you.

Cat - N

I'm on Firefox, too...no trouble at all.  Just wanted to have a look at it.  Good to have a copy...might need it in the future..who knows.  Thank you!

- Cat (FL)

favymtz

Thanks for the offer Carolyn, but I don’t need it after all!
I already have everything Janome ever put out about SC, and I dare say have used the program far more than most have!
Glad you’re helping to get others in the group geared up to learn the program.
If the Stutsman’s give me permission I can postpone the links to the teaching videos I’ve made about SC.
Favymtz

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 4:42 PM Carolyn Gazerro <carolyngazerro@...> wrote:
It is a print out of the help manual.  Just sent the link in previous reply
if you give me your email address I can send it to you.

--
Favymtz

Carolyn Gazerro

Sometimes it is easier to have the manual in hand. I did same when Horizon Link Suite came out.  Unfortunately I never did much with it.  Plan on doing more this time.

Carolyn 🌹

On Sep 22, 2022, at 7:41 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Thanks for the offer Carolyn, but I don’t need it after all!
I already have everything Janome ever put out about SC, and I dare say have used the program far more than most have!
Glad you’re helping to get others in the group geared up to learn the program.
If the Stutsman’s give me permission I can postpone the links to the teaching videos I’ve made about SC.
Favymtz

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 4:42 PM Carolyn Gazerro <carolyngazerro@...> wrote:
It is a print out of the help manual.  Just sent the link in previous reply
if you give me your email address I can send it to you.

--
Favymtz

Pam Davison

Firefox seems to be the magic browser for this file.  I could not open with Edge or Chrome.

This was the only file I had an issue opening in the other browsers.

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

I've finally got the file to download in Firefox, and downloaded it 3 times, but Acrobat Pro can't open it. I get a message saying it's not a supported file type or theirs a decoding error.
Jan

favymtz

Yes, I got the same error message too. Says that the file was damaged etc.

Favymtz

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
Favymtz

Carolyn Gazerro

I don’t know why you cannot access the file. As far as I can determine this group does not have a Private Message option that I could email the file to you.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

favymtz

I'm going to attach the file that I have for Stitch Composer, it's for V2.1, the latest.
Let's see if this helps those who have had issues with the other download!
--
Favymtz

blue_lak

Thank you Favymtz. Yours downloaded and opened in Acrobat with no problem. Why Carolyn's won't is a technical difference of some sort but haven't a clue what. Acrobat is finicky as heck based on my personal experience with it. It doesn't always like the program used to create the pdf, nor does it particularly like to cross OSs, eg Mac to Win, etc. And then how the file is uploaded to IO can be finicky too, based on my experience in other groups.
Jan Steiner

Judy

I am able to open this attachment on my IPAD Pro without any problems. Does this version work with the 15000?

~ Judy