Topics

extension table on 500e machine

Kathy Strabel

Hello Members---I have a question regarding the use of the extension table with the largest hoop that came with my 500e machine. I was stitching out a design a couple days ago, and the RE28 hoop I was using seemed to have an issue with a "bump" as it moved a few inches to and fro. Then, when I was done, I noticed that the extension table is way lower than the height of the machine's bed. Like 1-1/4" lower. I usually have the extension table attached to the machine so I don't have to store it somewhere. I had never thought about the dis-similar heights of the extension table and the bed of the machine, until I needed to use the largest hoop--the re28.  This is happening when the extension table is installed correctly, and the legs are fully extended. The table that my machine is on is level and sturdy.  I ran a test run after completing my design and placed small wood pieces under the two left-most legs of the extension table, so that the extension table is actually tilted upwards by about an additional 5/8"--the thickness of the wood piece. The test stitchout went so much smoother, did not have to negotiate that "bump" like before. But I find it kind of odd that I have to do this in order to get a good surface for the large hoop to ride on as it stitches out. I am attaching a photo of how it looks. Does anyone else think this is odd?? Anyone else experience this? Oh, and no, my machine was not even close to a wall or a chair or other object while stitching, even if it might appear that way in the photo  The hoop just seemed to slump downwards whenever it had to move to the left. Like the hoop was too heavy or something. I was stitching on an average cotton knit T shirt.  Thanks, Jim for the advice on re-sizing and sending photos. I believe I have done that correctly in this email. But how do those photos get into an album?  I guess this is two questions in one email???
Happy stitching to all!

Jim Stutsman

To create a photo album and submit photos log into the group website and click the Photos button on the left side of the screen.

Cathy LeBlanc

Kathy
I have the same machine and my extension table fits just right. From you photo, it looks as if there may be a second base on the machine there is something brown at the bottom of the machine. This would  result in the sewing surface being higher than the extension table. The sewing surface on my machine is 3 1/4 inches above my work table.

Kathy Strabel

Cathy---An A-ha moment!!  That "extra base" (something brown) is a piece of dense foam that my machine sits on and that would be raising my machine upwards, making the machine bed and the extension table un-even. Duh, it is like trying to find an error in a checkbook register---when you give it to someone else to find, they spot it right away. I did not take the foam pad into account for causing this problem. Forehead slap here.  Thanks for your input. I guess I can add wood pieces to the other two legs of the extension table so it won't be tilted. The sample design stitched out fine, but probably better to have all things level and even. Just as long as the embroidery arm is not obstructed. Thanks a million!! This Group is sooooooo helpful!!!
Kathy Strabel    Camas WA

--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel