Topics

Exporting Design

Patricia Finnegan

Jim,  I’m trying to export a design from Acudesign to AcuEdit and I select my JEF file, but when I select send I do not have my AcuEdit as an option to receive my design so I can edit it before sending to my 15000.  I have been able to do it in the past, I’m not sure if I have to change something in my iPad settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Patti from East Texas

onlinesewing@...

You have to pick a format from the "Convert" list first. Once you choose JEF a pop-up will appear at the bottom of the screen and from there you can choose "Copy to AcuEdit".

Patricia Finnegan

Jim I did choose to covert to the JEF format, but I do not get the AcuEdit option at the bottom of the screen. I’m sorry I didn’t make myself clear the first time. Thanks Patti

onlinesewing@...

Here's what happens for me (second picture). I'm using iOS 11 on an iPad Pro. If you are on iOS 9, which is the maximum you can get on older iPads (including the "free" ones from Janome) your option will be shown in the first image. In that instance you need to send the design to yourself by email, or stash it in Dropbox. Then, from Mail or Dropbox you can choose the "Open in" option to open it in AcuEdit.

Patricia Finnegan

Jim I have an iPad Air 2 running IOS 11.4, and I still don’t see the option to send it to AcuEdit from Acudesign. I also noticed that I cannot use my AcuSetter apt with my 15000. Does Janome need to update their apps, since Dropbox has updated there’s? My apps were working find until all the recent updates. I can connect my machine to acudesign via WiFi. Patti

onlinesewing@...

I'm also using 11.4 on an original iPad Air. You can get the version number of AcuDesign by tapping Settings -> AcuDesign. Mine is 3.1. Notice that the options to send the design to other apps all say "Copy to". That suggests that you may need the Files app to enable this behavior. You can get it free on the App Store.