Topics

Error message

Linda Wunder

Help—- I have been working on a quilt on my 15000.  It has started to sew for a few stitches maybe a dozen stitches then I get the error message Rethread and start.   But there is no visible problem with the thread and if I cancel out the X it starts again.   I pull it out of the machine and turn over. The first half dozen (6) stitches are perfect but the rest have big loops of top thread to the bobbin. I have unplugged machine and turned off to try like a reboot —-- cleaned bobbin area —- reset thread tension to several different settings try then reset again — I tried different thread combinations too and bobbin.   I need some suggestions please. Thanks.

Ceil J

Linda,
I don't know if this will help you but yesterday I had all kinds of top and bottom nests and problems and did everything I could think of to fix it but when I changed to a purple tipped needle today all the problems went away.  I find it hard to believe this solved all the problems I was having but somehow it did.  Good luck on this.  I feel for you.
Ceil

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Linda Wunder <glwunderful@...> wrote:

Help—- I have been working on a quilt on my 15000.  It has started to sew for a few stitches maybe a dozen stitches then I get the error message Rethread and start.   But there is no visible problem with the thread and if I cancel out the X it starts again.   I pull it out of the machine and turn over. The first half dozen (6) stitches are perfect but the rest have big loops of top thread to the bobbin. I have unplugged machine and turned off to try like a reboot —-- cleaned bobbin area —- reset thread tension to several different settings try then reset again — I tried different thread combinations too and bobbin.   I need some suggestions please. Thanks.

onlinesewing@...

It's hard to diagnose problems blindly, but it sounds like you are losing top tension. There may be something stuck in there. Take a scrap of cotton fabric and fold it in half. Press the LOCK button and remove the top thread. Take the folded edge and use it to floss the top of the tension slot. If that doesn't fix the problem you need to see your dealer.

Sewhat

Im not an expert.  Did you change your needle?

Donna Strode