Embroidery unit veil

Else

Hi every one

I have a Janome 15000mc and have previously had a bearing changed because there was a veil on the arm.

It was a fault on the arm when I bought it and the dealer repaired on warranty, but now the problem has come up again. The veil is 1/8 - 2/8 inch on the outermost point of the arm, and makes my embroideries inaccurate.

I wonder why this happens and can I repair it myself (or my husband - he is quite handy) ?

Sincerely Else Marie

Jim Stutsman

My understanding of "veil" is that which is over a bride's face. I'm having trouble understanding how that relates to the embroidery arm. Any chance you could provide a photo?

Else

Yes I know :D English is my second language and google translate suggested this. Maybe slack is a better word. The technician changed a bearing in the unit.

If you gently touch on the outermost point of the embroidery arm (when it is open as on the picture), you can move it gently from side to side at least 1/8". So when you embroider the hoop also can move slightly from side to side. The problem is biggest when I use the big hoops and almost not when I use the smallest. Does this explain the problem better ?

Jim Stutsman

Do not apologize for your English!!! I have the utmost respect for anyone who is fluent in more than one language, and English is absurdly difficult with its many meanings for a single word. In this case, yes, slack is closer. The actual English word would be "play", which I'm sure is extremely confusing! Fortunately I think you can repair it yourself, because it appears to be an adjustment. I've not had to do that myself, but the arm MUST be rigid or you will have terrible embroidery. I'm sending you instructions by email.

Let's see how Google does going the other way:
Undskyld ikke din engelsk !!! Jeg har den største respekt for enhver, der behersker mere end et sprog, og engelsk er absurd vanskelig med sine mange betydninger for et enkelt ord. I dette tilfælde, ja, slap er tættere. Det egentlige engelske ord ville være "play", hvilket jeg er sikker på er ekstremt forvirrende! Heldigvis tror jeg, du kan reparere det selv, fordi det ser ud til at være en justering. Jeg har ikke været nødt til at gøre det selv, men armen SKAL være stiv, ellers får du forfærdeligt broderi. Jeg sender dig instruktioner via e-mail.

darlene Reese

Well, I had a thread caught in my embroidery arm, and it can’t be fixed. I would think that they should be able to put a new gear in, but apparently not. I am now waiting for a whole new unit to be shipped from Japan.
Quite a costly exoerience for a small piece of thread.
I feel when you pay that much for a top notch embroidery machine, they should be able to repair it.
Not so........

Else

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for your help.

Finally yesterday we got to see if we could repair the unit. And we could - arms is still over our heads. The biggest problem was the the screw was damaged, so my husband found another piece of tool and managed to get the old one out. Then he did as described on page 55 and fastened a new screw and then we tested it on the machine. It just sews so fine now.

I’m so glad I found this group, and it is possible to have a forum in one continent and get help in another. Two years ago I went to USA with my family and we would all like to visit again, when it is possible to travel.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kind regards
Else Marie

Den 27. nov. 2020 kl. 23.53 skrev Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...>:

[...]

Tericloth

Hi, I am new to owning the Janome550e, I have done a few projects with the built in patterns, i am now ready to expand, purchase patterns to use. It is confusing when you are asked what format?

[...]

Vikki Youngmeyer

.JEF format. There are other formats that the Janome machines use, but they were made the older machines.

Vikki

Houston, TX

[...]

Thank you!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10