Embroidery placement

Pinguin

Thanks for this info Jim.

Can you also tell me if the Janome has 'precise placement' like the Pfaff?

thanks,
Gerda

Op 24-10-11 23:41, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

Digitizer MBX supports all Janome formats - SEW, JEF, JEF+, JPX, and of course JAN. It also opens EMD, EMX, PES, PEC, HUS, VIP, VP3, EXP, PCS, PCM, CSD, XXX, DST, DSB, U??, and 10O. You should be fine with JEF, but I would avoid JEF+ as Embird never got that one quite right. The 12000 will accept all JEF designs.

--- In janome12000@..., Pinguin wrote:

> Hello Jim,
> which Embroidery formats can be done on the Janome 12000?
> I like to digitize with Embird and I hope they will add the new
> format(extension) in a future update. But you can safe as JEF, so if the
> 12000 takes that format, it is fine for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

It's a little hard to say. The Pfaff website is a little vague, and the YouTube video that demonstrates the feature isn't working. The "Precise Placement" feature seems to be only for split designs with multiple parts. Janome's Digitizer software is about to get an update that will put alignment marks in the design, which would make it very easy to line up the parts. Janome has always been able to line up design parts, even before Pfaff had the feature. They just do it in a different way.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Pinguin <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Thanks for this info Jim.

Can you also tell me if the Janome has 'precise placement' like the Pfaff?

thanks,
Gerda

redrocks55

Jim

Will the placement lines be on all designs that we bring into DigiPro 4 or just the ones we digitize?

Thanks, Marcia

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of Jim_Stutsman

It's a little hard to say. The Pfaff website is a little vague, and the YouTube video that demonstrates the feature isn't working. The "Precise Placement" feature seems to be only for split designs with multiple parts. Janome's Digitizer software is about to get an update that will put alignment marks in the design, which would make it very easy to line up the parts. Janome has always been able to line up design parts, even before Pfaff had the feature. They just do it in a different way.

--- In janome12000@..., Pinguin wrote:

> Thanks for this info Jim.
>
> Can you also tell me if the Janome has 'precise placement' like the Pfaff?
>
> thanks,
> Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Here's the skinny on the placement marks for multi-hooped designs:

1. They will be added as an option in the first update to Digitizer MBX.

2. The initial version of MBX (WITHOUT the placement mark option) will ship some time in November. This includes the upgrade package, which will update Digitizer 10000, Pro, or MB 3.0 to MBX.

3. The marks will be added to the design when it is sent to the machine or USB drive. That means it will work with any designs, whether created or just opened.

I would guess the update will not be out until late December at the earliest.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "redrocks55" <redrocks55@...> wrote:

Jim

Will the placement lines be on all designs that we bring into DigiPro 4 or
just the ones we digitize?

Thanks, Marcia

Pinguin

Hello Jim,

what I mean is that once you have your fabric in the hoop and the hoop attached to the embroidery unit, you can move the design in small steps horizontal en vertical (withing the available space ofcourse) so the needle is exactly above the centre of the design. So if you have your fabric right in the hoop and know the centre of the design (helped by the template) you know you start in the right place.

Can Janome do this as well (moving the design)

Thanks,
Gerda

Op 25-10-11 23:17, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

It's a little hard to say. The Pfaff website is a little vague, and the YouTube video that demonstrates the feature isn't working. The "Precise Placement" feature seems to be only for split designs with multiple parts. Janome's Digitizer software is about to get an update that will put alignment marks in the design, which would make it very easy to line up the parts. Janome has always been able to line up design parts, even before Pfaff had the feature. They just do it in a different way.

--- In janome12000@..., Pinguin wrote:

> Thanks for this info Jim.
>
> Can you also tell me if the Janome has 'precise placement' like the Pfaff?
>
> thanks,
> Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Yes, we have had this ability on Janome embroidery machines since the 10000. There are a set of JOG keys on the screen that let you move the hoop in tiny steps in any direction. If you have a template on the fabric, you can use these keys to position the needle directly over the center of the template, for perfect placement.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Pinguin <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hello Jim,

what I mean is that once you have your fabric in the hoop and the hoop
attached to the embroidery unit, you can move the design in small steps
horizontal en vertical (withing the available space ofcourse) so the
needle is exactly above the centre of the design. So if you have your
fabric right in the hoop and know the centre of the design (helped by
the template) you know you start in the right place.

Can Janome do this as well (moving the design)

Thanks,
Gerda

Pinguin

Thanks Jim,
this was exactly what I meant.

Gerda

Op 26-10-11 16:59, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

Yes, we have had this ability on Janome embroidery machines since the 10000. There are a set of JOG keys on the screen that let you move the hoop in tiny steps in any direction. If you have a template on the fabric, you can use these keys to position the needle directly over the center of the template, for perfect placement.

--- In janome12000@..., Pinguin wrote:

> Hello Jim,
>
> what I mean is that once you have your fabric in the hoop and the hoop
> attached to the embroidery unit, you can move the design in small steps
> horizontal en vertical (withing the available space ofcourse) so the
> needle is exactly above the centre of the design. So if you have your
> fabric right in the hoop and know the centre of the design (helped by
> the template) you know you start in the right place.
>
> Can Janome do this as well (moving the design)
>
> Thanks,
> Gerda

Alison Wheelock

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Prices are all over the map, due to currency conversion, different country costs, etc. My best guess is that in the US the upgrade will be around $500 USD. Needless to say, this will vary a lot from dealer to dealer and country to country. That guess is based on it being about the same price as the version 3 upgrade a few years back.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Alison Wheelock" <alisonwheelock@...> wrote:

Jim, You say the upgrade to Digitizer MBX will be an upgrade to Digitizer 10K, Pro, etc. Do you have any idea how much that upgrade will cost, or are we not allowed to talk prices on here? Even a ballpark figure.
Thanks,Alison in Texas

Donna Morton

The 12000 moves by less than a millimetre with each touch of the jog key.  Fine tuning placement is fantastic.  I’ve stitched out two multi-hooped projects that I created DigitizerMBX and even without the alignment marks the two parts of the designed lined up perfectly.

I’ve used the design positioning on the Pfaff and Husqvarna.  It is a nice feature on those machines but I have always found multi-hooping easier on my Janome embroidery machines.  The jog is precise.

Donna M
Canada

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, Pinguin mailto:pinguin60@... wrote:

> Thanks for this info Jim.
>
> Can you also tell me if the Janome has 'precise placement' like the Pfaff?
>
> thanks,
> Gerda

Pinguin

Thanks for this info Donna,
Gerda

Op 26-10-11 20:53, Donna Morton schreef:

The 12000 moves by less than a millimetre with each touch of the jog key.  Fine tuning placement is fantastic.  I’ve stitched out two multi-hooped projects that I created DigitizerMBX and even without the alignment marks the two parts of the designed lined up perfectly.

I’ve used the design positioning on the Pfaff and Husqvarna.  It is a nice feature on those machines but I have always found multi-hooping easier on my Janome embroidery machines.  The jog is precise.

Donna M
Canada

what I mean is that once you have your fabric in the hoop and the hoop attached to the embroidery unit, you can move the design in small steps horizontal en vertical (withing the available space ofcourse) so the needle is exactly above the centre of the design. So if you have your fabric right in the hoop and know the centre of the design (helped by the template) you know you start in the right place.

Can Janome do this as well (moving the design)

Thanks,
Gerda

Op 25-10-11 23:17, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

It's a little hard to say. The Pfaff website is a little vague, and the YouTube video that demonstrates the feature isn't working. The "Precise Placement" feature seems to be only for split designs with multiple parts. Janome's Digitizer software is about to get an update that will put alignment marks in the design, which would make it very easy to line up the parts. Janome has always been able to line up design parts, even before Pfaff had the feature. They just do it in a different way.

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, Pinguin mailto:pinguin60@... wrote:

> Thanks for this info Jim.
>
> Can you also tell me if the Janome has 'precise placement' like the Pfaff?
>
> thanks,
> Gerda

Chris Krause <nckrause@...>

Donna M, we’d love to see pics of your multi-hooped projects…if you want to share.  Did you find it easy to adjust to Digitizer MBX?  (I’m picking mine up on Saturday, can’t wait try out some of my bigger existing designs on the new hoops).

Chris