Topics

Embroidery help- and a website - USB's

Cheryl Paul

If you haven’t used a USB that has been formatted by your Janome Embroidery machine, it may not be recognized by the sewing machine. To solve this problem, just put a clean USB in the machine USB slot and the machine will place what it needs onto the USB and then you’ll be good to go. Now if you purchase a USB that has designs already there and it hasn’t been from Janome, I’m not sure what happens. I haven’t had that experience yet, but I expect that we will soon be able to buy a USB with designs already there, like we did with CD;s and DVD;s and in the first days of computers and the diskette days. I did purchase a RE18 hoop from my Janome dealer and with it came a USB that had all the designs that came with that hoop already on it, but it came from Janome so it was good to go.

I hope I haven’t confused you, but if I did I know that Jim will step in and explain it better - right Jim?

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Elizabeth Mccall

Thanks, for the help...I do know how to format  the  USB's  & had my Janome 15000 in for a full update  this month. So i'm hoping that will help it work more quickly on reading a USB..  My Janome Dealer is closing , so Ihave very limited help ion my area of Western North Carolina. I would just love to purchase USB's from any one that has patterns for sale for the Janome 15000. I hope this day will come where we can order them from dealers on line. It would really help those of us "in the woods.". The dealer in Asheville, NC doesn't really service or carry much for Jamone, as they sell Bernina  & the machine service is backed up.  I have driven 3 hours  east of here to a service in Hildebrand, NC,. left my machine & driven back and forth ...long days.
Thanks for your time and correspondence. I appreciate hearing from other Janome users.
I purrchased the "MY JANOME APP" for my i-pad and it is really GREAT ! ☺Did Jim do this program?  I do want to learn more. !!
Eliz. Ann Mccall

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 1:18 PM Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:
[...]

Lyn Quine

If the USB has too many designs in one folder it will be slow reading the designs.  The machine brain is not as big and fast as your iPad or computer.  Only keep a few designs on a USB the ones you want to use now, then as long as they are backed up on a computer or external drive, delete them from your working USB.  I was moving designs from my laptop to new computer and I loaded a 1GB USB with over 5000 designs and there was still space for more but I would never expect my 15000 to be able to read all of them.

J Fraker

Where in Western NC are you?  I'm in East Tennessee and there are dealers here.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 2:25 PM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
[...]

Pat

This would explain why my 15000 didn't load designs from a USB.  I am not quite clear on how to format the USB drive.  Do you have to select the USB drive in the machine?  I guess once it is formatted you transfer your designs to it, you can't format a USB with designs on it because you'd loose the designs.  Is that correct?  Thanks for the insight.  I am feeling a little lost.

Pat Kowalczyk

Tracy

Pat-
To format a USB you should find the info on your machine under the Settings tab. Open it and look at the Embroidery settings. You may have to change pages to find the Format area. Put a blank USB stick in the machine before you turn it on. Then find Settings, Embroidery, Format. This should be in your owners manual also so look at the Settings info probably near the front of the book. I am not where I can look at a manual. Sorry.

Yes, it you format a USB that has designs on it, you lose them so be sure you have them stored elsewhere. When the USB is formatted, it puts a folder on it where the machine looks for designs and where you will copy/paste them to from your computer. Only put copies of designs on the USB.  Only use a 2gb or less stick.  Anything outside the folder will not be "seen" by the machine.  The machine looks at ALL the designs in the folder when you first open it on the machine. The more designs you have on the stick, the longer it takes to open and let you find what you are after. So that is why you should only put a few at a time in the USBs folder.  Stitch them, or remove them... Then put other designs on it.

Hope this helps. I am not sure how the WiFi features work. Maybe someone else can help with that.  Reading your manual is also a good idea and there is help on the Janome website under the Learning tab if you don't see info here.

Happy stitching!
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Pat

Thank you Tracy.  I am sure I'll be able to format the USB now.  I have read the manual, somehow I missed this.  I have also been looking on-line.  I appreciate your help, thanks again.

Pat

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 4:17 PM Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:
[...]

Pat,

When you put the USB into the embroidery machine - the machine does its magic and places some files on to the USB. They are EMB and ORD - the EMB is from embroidery designs and the ORD is for stitch files that you can make in Stitch Composer and save for stitching. Don’t worry about the ORD for now - just get familiar with your embroidery files. If you touch the arrow at the top of the screen when in embroidery mode, you can go back to file folders that are at the root of the USB and the file list to go into ones that show up on the screen when you select the USB as your file source to find your designs. I’m not at my machine now, but I think you’ll figure it out once you are in embroidery mode. I get myself stumped quite often and I’ve been doing this for years, and years. Things change a bit with each new machine that comes out and I’ve had quite a few in the last 15 or so years.

Don’t be afraid to try things, if you get stuck and are frightened as to what will happen or confused, you can always turn the power off/on switch and start over with a clean slate. I’ve even been stalemated to need to resort to turning the power off when the DON’T DO IT icon has showed its face on the screen. The machine was frozen and there was no other way to get it going. I only did that as a last resort though.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Elizabeth Mccall

Hi there, I live in Transylvania county.. south east of Asheville, near Brevard..lots of waterfalls and very beautiful. BUT no Janome dealers close. The one in Asheville is Bernina very focused ..
I hope Pat is able to format the USB's in her 15000. I just formatted some USB's , and it is so easy...First I have found using USB's with 2-16 GB are best..

Maybe  the 32 GB with the new  3.00 version, that I just put on my machine will now work.  QUESTION :   Does anyone have ideas on this?
First insert a USB into slot, & turn on your machine go to embroidery mode. Second, tap to SET with the little wrench sign scroll down to find page 5/5.
The Format is shown there. Follow directions to format ..remember if you have anything on a USB it will be erased.
Does any have good results using a certain size USB ?
I have to use a CD reader plugged into the computer to transfer designs, first to the  computer ( I'm trying to learn files) then put them on a USB. I wish there were a better way. Thanks, Elizabeth Mccall, Pisgah Forest, NC

[...]

Thank you Cheryl and Tracy,

I looked at the manual and things are becoming clearer now.  I am coming from a Viking Designer SE where the motherboard went bad and I figured out how to convert all my patterns to JEF format, but was taken by surprise by the need to format the stick.  It is comforting to know if I'm really stuck the ladies in this group are so friendly and willing to help.  Many thanks.  I appreciate your support.  I hope someday in the future I can play the kindness forward.

Pat

Ginger Downs

I have the best luck using 2.0 usb's.  I get them on amazon really cheap. I but sets of either 10 or 20 and it keeps it in stock. I like putting categories on the sticks with a permanent marker and I always have them ready to go. amazon to me is the best prices for usb sticks

GINGER
https://www.stitchedinfaith.com

Custom embroidery and stock designs

On June 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:

[...]

There is a Janome dealer in Knoxville and I think the same people also have a store in Sevierville.  That might be a lot closer for you, especially Sevierville.  I've bought machines from them in the past and they are very good.  It's called Sew-N-Vac Superstore.  There is a quilt shop in Kingsport called Heavenly Stitches.  I take my machine there to be serviced and I can highly recommend them.  They are a Janome dealer and their service guy is very good.  I think he can work on just about anything.  They are very reasonably priced as well.  There's a Janome dealer called Kingsport SewVac that is in the same town, but I don't know anything about them.  Anyway, if you don't mind coming to East Tennessee, you will have a choice of several places.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks everyone, Success!!!  I followed your advice and got it done.  Now I will format a bunch of them, for different categories  and have my old designs ready to go.  Many thanks.

Pat Kowalczyk