Topics

Embroidery help- and a website

Tracy

I agree with Jim's comment about the Floriani Workbook re: stabilizers and what to use when.  It's a free download from RNK Distributing.  I've used it often while learning and use floriani stabilizer when I can afford it and other brands when I cannot.

As for websites for designs - when you are ready for In The Hoop projects - my favorite site is www.embroiderygarden.com  Reen's projects all have linings and no raw edges, they stitch well and her directions are wonderful.  Take your first one slow and easy, read the instructions and make sure your hoop looks like the one in the photo for each step.  After you do one - you'll be able to do any of them.  Putting a zipper in while doing machine embroidery is loads of fun!

Happy stitching!
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Elizabeth Mccall

Thank You ! I went to this web page and chose some free patterns to try out. I have used another sites , but some times the stitches are not really full, this can be true of the Janome built in too . I will try these on 2 GB USB drives on my Janome 15000. Does any one have trouble with the Janome no opening up the USB sometimes ?

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 8:22 AM Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:
I agree with Jim's comment about the Floriani Workbook re: stabilizers and what to use when.  It's a free download from RNK Distributing.  I've used it often while learning and use floriani stabilizer when I can afford it and other brands when I cannot.

As for websites for designs - when you are ready for In The Hoop projects - my favorite site is www.embroiderygarden.com  Reen's projects all have linings and no raw edges, they stitch well and her directions are wonderful.  Take your first one slow and easy, read the instructions and make sure your hoop looks like the one in the photo for each step.  After you do one - you'll be able to do any of them.  Putting a zipper in while doing machine embroidery is loads of fun!

Happy stitching!
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Sara

Tracy do you have the address that I could go to for the Florian Workbook for stabilizers?  Thank you, Sara

On Jun 23, 2019, at 2:34 AM, Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi there, I ordered the sample book for OESD stabilizers and their backing are nice. I caught a sale on line for 30% off , so I stocked up.. I love to use the JANOME built in lace patterns on dissolveable  backing .
 I make them with cotton crean thread top and bobbin, to sew ( by machine ) on my denim jackets.
Eliz Ann McCall.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 8:14 AM Sara via Groups.Io <irishsaraj=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

jan shaw

https://www.rnkdistributing.com/resources/workbooks-guides/floriani-stabilizer-guide.pdf

Sara

Thank you, Jan.   Sara

In a message dated 6/24/2019 4:09:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, janrshaw@... writes:

Tracy

Sara-

Here is the link to the Floriani Stabilizer Workbook:

https://www.rnkdistributing.com/resources/workbooks-guides/FlorianiWorkbookStabilizer.pdf

And this is one to a quick reference guide that I found very helpful when I was first getting started with machine embroidery:

https://www.rnkdistributing.com/resources/workbooks-guides/floriani-stabilizer-guide.pdf

I printed them out and kept them both my machine for a long time.  And- while I really like using the floriani products- if I have to use something else, this information still lets me know what type of stabilizer to use for my projects.

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Sara

Tracy, thank you so much.  I am not a new digitize (2000) but am always open to articles that pertain to stabilizing.  I have printed both out for future reference.   Thanks again, Sara