Topics

Embroidering on a Toiletry Bag

Janie Light

I have the MC15000 which has been updated.  My granddaughter has asked me to embroidery her initials on a purchased canvas toiletry bag that has outside dimensions of 10 3/4" by 7" with a zipper.  I don't have that much embroidery experience and would like to know if anyone can give me some pointers.  My thinking is I will need to rip the sides and bottom and lay it flat.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

Janie

Carolyn Gazerro

I would turn the bag inside out. Place stabilizer in smallest hoop possible for design. Mark the center crosshairs across and down entire hoop area of stabilizer. Mark enter crosshairs on right side of bag, center and pin to stabilizer. Then, using tacking feature on machine, tack bag to stabilizer. Remove pins and proceed to embroider design on bag. Be sure to use erasable or water soluble marking pencils.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn 🌹

Janie Light

I saw something similar on YouTube. Thank you very much.

On Monday, May 14, 2018, 8:14 PM, Carolyn Gazerro <cmgazerro@...> wrote:

I would turn the bag inside out.  Place stabilizer in smallest hoop possible for design.  Mark the center crosshairs  across and down entire hoop area of stabilizer.  Mark enter crosshairs on right side of bag, center and pin to stabilizer.  Then, using tacking feature on machine, tack bag to stabilizer. Remove pins and proceed to embroider design on bag.  Be sure to use erasable or water soluble marking pencils.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn 🌹

Carolyn Gazerro

By tacking I meant the tracing feature.  Also you will have to hold the opposite side of the bag’s embroidery area away from that area.  It sounds complicated but once you try it works well.  It eliminates opening and resewing seams.  This procedure is same for embroidering baby “Onesies”.
Carolyn