Topics

Embird and 12000

lysiaau <n.schuster@...>

I have Embird and I can set a 140by140 custom hoop and it shows
on the machine but the 12000 wont recognise a custom hoop 230by230.
Is there any other way to save designe to a stick as I only have
Janome 10000 software.
Lysia

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The JEF design format contains a field that indicates the hoop required to stitch the design. Embird, like all non-Janome software providers, will need to reverse-engineer the new JEF format to figure out all the codes. The machine will not accept designs with invalid codes, or codes for hoops that are smaller than the design. At the moment the only software that has all the 12000 hoops is StitchBuddy for the Mac.

You *might* be able to make a GR hoop design by using Embird to save it for the MA hoop on the 11000. Horizon Link will open those designs and will convert the hoop to GR. At that point you can send it to the machine.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "lysiaau" <n.schuster@...> wrote:

I have Embird and I can set a 140by140 custom hoop and it shows
on the machine but the 12000 wont recognise a custom hoop 230by230.
Is there any other way to save designe to a stick as I only have
Janome 10000 software.
Lysia

Donna Morton

I save designs in the 200 X 200 hoop regardless of the size.  The design will be in the 230 X 230 hoop when you open it at the machine.  I’ve had no problems at all doing it this way.

Donna M
Canada

I have Embird and I can set a 140by140 custom hoop and it shows
on the machine but the 12000 wont recognise a custom hoop 230by230.
Is there any other way to save designe to a stick as I only have
Janome 10000 software.
Lysia

Marsha

Lysia,

I just tested this in Embird & machine recognized the design & displayed the 9.1 x 11.8" hoop when it opened the design.  Just make sure that you have "keep hoop settings, do not adjust hoop size according to settings in design file" checked at the bottom of the Embird Custom Hoop screen.  Uncheck the other 2 size adjust boxes that are right above that.

HTH,

Marsha

Judy <judyjanome@...>

Hi Jim and many thanks for the manual gift. I have the 5D professional software and I can convert and save to jef format with any of the 4 hoops in the Janome 12000 machine. The software is pricey but they try to include all the new machines and there hoops. I am assuming that if the correct machine (Janome 12000) and one of the 4 hoops as a choice, all necessary info would be transferred with the file. So far I have only converted one file and it did work. Busy with sewing for now. Happy holidays.

Sent from my iPhone

meowmie <meowmie@...>

Actually Sew-What pro (by Sands computing) also has the hoops for the Janome 12000 in it's software now, they just updated this past week to include the new hoops.

Jenn

--- In janome12000@..., "lysiaau" >