From: sewnice@...
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:54 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] email go out?

Hi did the email go out for Monday 6/29 and Tues 6/30

thanks Sharon

sewnice@...

thank you. I thought I may have missed something.

Question, is it stil necessary to put a drop of oil on the wick below the bobbin?

thanks Sharon

Jim Stutsman

If you have your machine serviced every year or two, no it's not necessary. In 25 years of servicing machines I only encountered two that had a wick dried out enough to cause a bind resulting in screeching. I had MANY though from owners so vigilant about cleaning that they pulled the wick completely out, thinking it was lint. Putting it back is out of the question - easier to put toothpaste back in the tube! So in summary, if you put ONE DROP on the wick now and again, no harm, couldn't hurt. If you NEVER put oil on the wick, but you do keep your machine clean and get it serviced once in a while, that's fine too.