Topics

Elna Haute Couture 9600 Screen Freezes Up

asmith03015@...

Hi!  I have a problem with my touch screen freezing up.  I can't do anything with it.  It is just so frustrating.  I shut it off and then sometimes when I turn it back on  it might work for me.  Do you happen to know why it is doing this?   Also, any idea of what it will cost to fix the problem?
Thanks much!

Arlene

Jim Stutsman

It sounds like the touch screen hardware is not working consistently. At the simplest level it may be a cable that has worked loose. The other end of the spectrum would be a failed screen. There is nothing you can do yourself to fix it, and parts may be needed. Cost is hard to predict. If the machine is less than 5 years old the part may be covered by warranty.

asmith03015@...

Thanks so much for your help!