Duplicate Janome workbooks


Melanie Dumas
 

If any interest contact me…


Elizabeth Mccall
 

HI , I HAVE THE MEMORY CRAFT 15000 INSTRUCTION BOOK OF 178 PAGES.  IS THERE A "WORK BOOK" THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS MANUAL THAT CAME WITH MY BOOK?
I REALLY RELY ON THE JANOME APP ON MY IPAD & PHONE THAT JIM & DIANNE  HAVE FOR SALE TO INSTALL FROM THE APP STORE. IT IS AMAZING 
PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE & I WAS SURPRIZED TO KNOW THE 1500 IS DISCONTINUED . I WONDER WHAT WILL TAKE ITS PLACE.
ELIZABETH ANN / N. C.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:48 PM Melanie Dumas <ursuladumas@...> wrote:
If any interest contact me…


favymtz
 

Yes, there is a separate workbook for the 15000 machine that was written by Janome educators in the USA.
The most recent, complete Workbook has 248 pages. It retails for about $70.
Favymtz

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:50 AM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
HI , I HAVE THE MEMORY CRAFT 15000 INSTRUCTION BOOK OF 178 PAGES.  IS THERE A "WORK BOOK" THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS MANUAL THAT CAME WITH MY BOOK?
I REALLY RELY ON THE JANOME APP ON MY IPAD & PHONE THAT JIM & DIANNE  HAVE FOR SALE TO INSTALL FROM THE APP STORE. IT IS AMAZING 
PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE & I WAS SURPRIZED TO KNOW THE 1500 IS DISCONTINUED . I WONDER WHAT WILL TAKE ITS PLACE.
ELIZABETH ANN / N. C.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:48 PM Melanie Dumas <ursuladumas@...> wrote:
If any interest contact me…


--
Favymtz


June E Hudspeth
 

Thanks so much!

 

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of favymtz
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 9:21 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Duplicate Janome workbooks

 

Yes, there is a separate workbook for the 15000 machine that was written by Janome educators in the USA.

The most recent, complete Workbook has 248 pages. It retails for about $70.

Favymtz

 

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:50 AM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:

HI , I HAVE THE MEMORY CRAFT 15000 INSTRUCTION BOOK OF 178 PAGES.  IS THERE A "WORK BOOK" THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS MANUAL THAT CAME WITH MY BOOK?

I REALLY RELY ON THE JANOME APP ON MY IPAD & PHONE THAT JIM & DIANNE  HAVE FOR SALE TO INSTALL FROM THE APP STORE. IT IS AMAZING 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE & I WAS SURPRIZED TO KNOW THE 1500 IS DISCONTINUED . I WONDER WHAT WILL TAKE ITS PLACE.

ELIZABETH ANN / N. C.

 

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:48 PM Melanie Dumas <ursuladumas@...> wrote:

If any interest contact me…


--
Favymtz


Fiona Williams
 

Hi Elizabeth Ann,

Can you tell me the name of the app please.

Thank you
Fiona


On Jan 21, 2022, at 11:50 AM, Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:


HI , I HAVE THE MEMORY CRAFT 15000 INSTRUCTION BOOK OF 178 PAGES.  IS THERE A "WORK BOOK" THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS MANUAL THAT CAME WITH MY BOOK?
I REALLY RELY ON THE JANOME APP ON MY IPAD & PHONE THAT JIM & DIANNE  HAVE FOR SALE TO INSTALL FROM THE APP STORE. IT IS AMAZING 
PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE & I WAS SURPRIZED TO KNOW THE 1500 IS DISCONTINUED . I WONDER WHAT WILL TAKE ITS PLACE.
ELIZABETH ANN / N. C.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:48 PM Melanie Dumas <ursuladumas@...> wrote:
If any interest contact me…


Jim Stutsman
 


Fiona Williams
 

Thank you Jim.

Fiona


On Jan 21, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


Jayni Bloch
 

Please confirm that the app is a good substitute for the workbook, Jim?

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 21, 2022, at 11:10 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Thank you Jim.

Fiona


On Jan 21, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


Pixey
 

The App and the Workbook use two totally different educational approaches with respect to the machine.  The workbook is just that, a printed project book to sequentially walk you through tasks and projects that use different features of the machine.  I do not have one but considered it at the time they came out and felt it was not a good fit for my learning style.  Others may be able to provide more information, such as excerpts from the Table of Contents.

The app is a reference tool with 87 different videos to demonstrate how to use different aspects of the machine, everything from settings to specialty feet. Some videos are just a few minutes and others cover more extensive areas and run around 20 minutes.  The app also does have some technique videos, such as on free motion quilting but does not have specific projects for you to complete associated with it.  

Pixey


On Jan 22, 2022, at 8:54 PM, Jayni Bloch <jayni.bloch@...> wrote:

Please confirm that the app is a good substitute for the workbook, Jim?

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 21, 2022, at 11:10 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Thank you Jim.

Fiona


On Jan 21, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


Ceil J
 

I would never have learned to use my machine fully without the My15000 app!  The workbook (which I have along with the addendums) is fine but not a substitute for the app in my opinion. 


Elizabeth Mccall
 

I agree with you !  The  JANOME  Company  really let their customers wallow and sink , as this machine is a really difficult machine to use and remember all the difficult stitches.plus embroidery!...Thank goodness that Jim & Dianne Stutsman were smart enough to break down the features and offer an APP for the owner to purchase at a reasonable price.
Elizabeth Ann/ NC

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:22 AM Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:
I would never have learned to use my machine fully without the My15000 app!  The workbook (which I have along with the addendums) is fine but not a substitute for the app in my opinion. 


Patricia Ward
 

I totally agree on the educational value of all the Stutsman Apps.   It would appear that those Apps motivated Janome to step up their educational programs to reach the purchasers. Other companies like Bernina had come out with helps ei the Bernina Feetures Series so with other companies doing that and the Stutsman team helping Janome owners, Janome had to do something.  Now there are very good live videos on FB from Janome educators on a weekly basis as well as good instructional videos from Janome Canada. And Ann Hein has an excellent group for instruction and questions for those with the Artistic Digitizing program. 
So there is help out there now.  But like others, I still do prefer Diane and Jim’s Apps for a reliable efficient resource for help and refreshers.

Pat in Md 


On Jan 23, 2022, at 12:34 PM, Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:


I agree with you !  The  JANOME  Company  really let their customers wallow and sink , as this machine is a really difficult machine to use and remember all the difficult stitches.plus embroidery!...Thank goodness that Jim & Dianne Stutsman were smart enough to break down the features and offer an APP for the owner to purchase at a reasonable price.
Elizabeth Ann/ NC

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:22 AM Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:
I would never have learned to use my machine fully without the My15000 app!  The workbook (which I have along with the addendums) is fine but not a substitute for the app in my opinion. 


June E Hudspeth
 

Thanks Pixey!!!!!!!!!!

 

I truly appreciate this feedback.  Great clarity about the addendum.

 

June

 

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pixey via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2022 6:19 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Duplicate Janome workbooks

 

The App and the Workbook use two totally different educational approaches with respect to the machine.  The workbook is just that, a printed project book to sequentially walk you through tasks and projects that use different features of the machine.  I do not have one but considered it at the time they came out and felt it was not a good fit for my learning style.  Others may be able to provide more information, such as excerpts from the Table of Contents.

 

The app is a reference tool with 87 different videos to demonstrate how to use different aspects of the machine, everything from settings to specialty feet. Some videos are just a few minutes and others cover more extensive areas and run around 20 minutes.  The app also does have some technique videos, such as on free motion quilting but does not have specific projects for you to complete associated with it.  

 

Pixey



On Jan 22, 2022, at 8:54 PM, Jayni Bloch <jayni.bloch@...> wrote:

Please confirm that the app is a good substitute for the workbook, Jim?

Jayni Bloch 🐾



On Jan 21, 2022, at 11:10 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Thank you Jim.

 

Fiona



On Jan 21, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


Jayni Bloch
 

Thank you so much for you clarification. I love the fact that I can have an app handy to guide me through the specific tools I would need as I need to do different projects that I choose at the time. The app would be a good fit for me, so I am going to pry chase it. 😊 
Jayni🌹

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 23, 2022, at 9:19 AM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

The App and the Workbook use two totally different educational approaches with respect to the machine.  The workbook is just that, a printed project book to sequentially walk you through tasks and projects that use different features of the machine.  I do not have one but considered it at the time they came out and felt it was not a good fit for my learning style.  Others may be able to provide more information, such as excerpts from the Table of Contents.

The app is a reference tool with 87 different videos to demonstrate how to use different aspects of the machine, everything from settings to specialty feet. Some videos are just a few minutes and others cover more extensive areas and run around 20 minutes.  The app also does have some technique videos, such as on free motion quilting but does not have specific projects for you to complete associated with it.  

Pixey


On Jan 22, 2022, at 8:54 PM, Jayni Bloch <jayni.bloch@...> wrote:

Please confirm that the app is a good substitute for the workbook, Jim?

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 21, 2022, at 11:10 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Thank you Jim.

Fiona


On Jan 21, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


Jayni Bloch
 

Purchase 🤗

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 23, 2022, at 10:57 AM, Jayni Bloch <jayni.bloch@...> wrote:

Thank you so much for you clarification. I love the fact that I can have an app handy to guide me through the specific tools I would need as I need to do different projects that I choose at the time. The app would be a good fit for me, so I am going to pry chase it. 😊 
Jayni🌹

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 23, 2022, at 9:19 AM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

The App and the Workbook use two totally different educational approaches with respect to the machine.  The workbook is just that, a printed project book to sequentially walk you through tasks and projects that use different features of the machine.  I do not have one but considered it at the time they came out and felt it was not a good fit for my learning style.  Others may be able to provide more information, such as excerpts from the Table of Contents.

The app is a reference tool with 87 different videos to demonstrate how to use different aspects of the machine, everything from settings to specialty feet. Some videos are just a few minutes and others cover more extensive areas and run around 20 minutes.  The app also does have some technique videos, such as on free motion quilting but does not have specific projects for you to complete associated with it.  

Pixey


On Jan 22, 2022, at 8:54 PM, Jayni Bloch <jayni.bloch@...> wrote:

Please confirm that the app is a good substitute for the workbook, Jim?

Jayni Bloch 🐾

On Jan 21, 2022, at 11:10 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Thank you Jim.

Fiona


On Jan 21, 2022, at 9:52 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:


favymtz
 

re "is the app a good substitute for the workbook"
My opinion is not really. They are both good and provide different purposes.
The app is good for showing the actual functionality of the machine.
The workbook goes through many hands-on exercises (much like Diane's samples she's making throughout the app) and for best results, you too following the Workbook should make yourself a Sample Workbook with your own fabrics. It's a great way to do a hands-on approach, and to have a record of what the machine has made.
To me there's nothing like doing it yourself to really solidify what you've learned, than to do it. Watching videos is great, and our memory can recall much, but the doing is an entirely additional level of learning.
Just my opinion!
~favymtz

--
Favymtz


Shirley Allen
 

On 1/23/2022 12:34 PM, Elizabeth Mccall wrote:
I agree with you !  The  JANOME  Company  really let their customers wallow and sink , as this machine is a really difficult machine to use and remember all the difficult stitches.plus embroidery!...Thank goodness that Jim & Dianne Stutsman were smart enough to break down the features and offer an APP for the owner to purchase at a reasonable price.
Elizabeth Ann/ NC

On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:22 AM Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:
I would never have learned to use my machine fully without the My15000 app!  The workbook (which I have along with the addendums) is fine but not a substitute for the app in my opinion. 

I say Amen to that too as I learned more from Jim's app than any book or manual.  It is great & it is right on front of my computer where I have access to it any time.  Thanks again Jim & Dianne for all your efforts. Shirley from NJ


Jane Harris
 

I was not aware that the MC12000 had an App. As usual I'm "a day late and a dollar short" to get that app. However I have been told that the basics of the 12K and 15K are very similar. Do you think that the app for the 15K would be worth my purchase. I don't ever expect to upgrade to the 15K as I am almost 80 and am not doing many large projects anymore but I can't always remember some of the things I have seen in the classes I have taken. I would love to have an app handy to stimulate what is left of my brain's ability to learn and remember.
--
Jane Harris
Horizon MC12000 (current)
Previous 10001 & 11000 & MC 500e
Love 'em ALL!!!


Jim Stutsman
 

There is a certain amount of overlap with the 15000 app. The main differences would be in the software areas. I'm not suggesting that anyone buy the My 15000 app for a 12000, particularly because Apple makes it extremely difficult to get a refund if you are not happy. I'm not recommending that anyone buy it for the 12000, just letting you know that this is a "pay your money, take a chance" situation. If anyone feels particularly luck in going for it, please post your opinion!


favymtz
 

Glad you asked for opinions Jim!
Mine is this, and it's the same as when I commented a few days ago when someone asked if the 15k App would be good for them as an S9 owner.
YES!
I think that the app for the 12k was great. The app for the 15k is great, and so many of the things are quite similar that it gives a very good picture of how to operate the machines.
I think that when I commented the other day I said something to the effect that if a person can watch the videos, look at their own machine and make the connection in their own mind between the functions being demonstrated they will benefit greatly from the 15k app even though it's not the identical screens.
But, having said that; if you can't think through and visualize that a specific function looks a bit different in your machine or is in a different spot on the screen, then don't buy the app.
That's not meant to hurt anyones feelings, but it's a matter of how as individuals we learn differently.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz