Dual feed balancing dial

kkrissyb <krissy.b@...>

Hi, just love this new machine but need to know a few things. What is the dual feed balancing dial used for and should we mere mortals touch it or is it only for the technicians

Also I am trying to format a 128 meg USB stick. I go to the set menu select the USB port where the USB is located answer yes I want to format and nothing happens. The USB is one with a design on it that I put into the 11000 and the 12000 recognizes the embroidery folder and the design

Kris in Aus

Virginia

Kris:

On page 31 in the manual there is a  short explanation and diagram about setting the Dual Feed Balancing stitches.

Also before you try to format your stick go to your computer and remove everything that is on the stick before you format your stick in the new machine.

Once you put the stick  in the machine it should format for you right away.  Try doing it in the embroidery mode.  Open a folder and send one of the designs from the machine to your stick and it should auto format for you.

Virginia

In a message dated 11/23/2011 11:24:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, krissy.b@... writes:

Hi, just love this new machine but need to know a few things. What is the dual feed balancing dial used for and should we mere mortals touch it or is it only for the technicians

Also I am trying to format a 128 meg USB stick. I go to the set menu select the USB port where the USB is located answer yes I want to format and nothing happens. The USB is one with a design on it that I put into the 11000 and the 12000 recognizes the embroidery folder and the design

Kris in Aus

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The Dual Feed Balancing control is used with the dual feed feet. You normally leave it at 0, but if one or the other fabric layers is puckering you adjust this control to compensate and smooth things out. Pictures and details are on page 31.

When you use the Format function in the SET screen, you first touch the USB drive where the stick to be formatted is plugged in. Then you touch OK. "Do not remove" and "Do not turn off" symbols will briefly appear, but nothing else will show on the screen. The USB stick will be erased and folders will be rewritten to it.

Note that if you are using USB sticks that were previously used in an 11000(SE) or MB-4, you do not need to format them. The file structure is the same on the 12000 and all your designs and folders will be there. It's also not necessary to format new USB drives. The required folders will be written to the drive the first time it's plugged in. Formatting is normally only necessary when you have errors with a drive, or when you want to completely erase it fast. Formatting will always erase the drive completely, so keep that in mind when using it!