Dropped embroidery unit.

darlene Reese

Good morning. I carelessly dropped my embroidery unit on the floor. I thought the case was zipped up and it was not.
i cannot see any damage,  and shook it and can’t hear any loose parts.
should I try to attach it to my machine and see if it works? Will it damage my machine?
i have tried to contact our local dealer but he is not open and does not return my calls.
thank you in advance for your help
Darlene.

Jim Stutsman

If there is no obvious damage then put it on the machine. Before you turn on the machine open the arm and make sure it opens smoothly. Then turn on the machine, choose a large design, and use the trace function to run the arm through most of its motion. If you don't get any scary noises or obvious hangups you are probably OK. Keep your hand on the power switch in case things go horribly wrong.

shane52633

Hi, go ahead and try to connect the embroidery unit. It won't hurt your machine. That' the only way to know if all is well.
Please let me know what the happens.
Good Luck
Sandy

Good morning. I carelessly dropped my embroidery unit on the floor. I thought the case was zipped up and it was not.
i cannot see any damage,  and shook it and can’t hear any loose parts.
should I try to attach it to my machine and see if it works? Will it damage my machine?
i have tried to contact our local dealer but he is not open and does not return my calls.
thank you in advance for your help
Darlene.

darlene Reese

Thanks, I just have to get brave enough to try it  now.

On Sep 14, 2020, at 7:55 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

If there is no obvious damage then put it on the machine. Before you turn on the machine open the arm and make sure it opens smoothly. Then turn on the machine, choose a large design, and use the trace function to run the arm through most of its motion. If you don't get any scary noises or obvious hangups you are probably OK. Keep your hand on the power switch in case things go horribly wrong.

shane52633

Hi Darlene,
Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Let me know if it's all right or not.
You can do this!!!!
Sandy

Thanks, I just have to get brave enough to try it  now.

On Sep 14, 2020, at 7:55 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

If there is no obvious damage then put it on the machine. Before you turn on the machine open the arm and make sure it opens smoothly. Then turn on the machine, choose a large design, and use the trace function to run the arm through most of its motion. If you don't get any scary noises or obvious hangups you are probably OK. Keep your hand on the power switch in case things go horribly wrong.

vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...>

Can't you call Janome HQ?
--
Vicki Jane Hull- Wardwell

Cheryl Paul

Calling Janome HQ isn’t as simple as you would think.  We are lucky in Saskatchewan Canada to have our Janome Educator visit us fairly often, until this year and COVID.  She tells us repeatedly that “If we have a problem with our machine, to CONTACT OUR DEALER and they will contact Janome HQ for the help needed.  I know that this is difficult when you can’t get your dealer to ANSWER THE PHONE when you call, but there are lots of dealers and I’m sure that one could find another dealer in the next city or province/state and get some advise on what to do.  In this case it is to check on a “dropped embroidery unit”.  I expect that if there are no parts rattling, and the belt isn’t torn or broken, that the unit is most likely OK, but I do understand the fear.  I don’t think that if you try to place the unit on your machine and try it that you will break anything, but as Jim says, have your hand ready at the OFF/ON switch just in case.

Janome can be contacted at their website Janome.com, but it isn’t as easy to find and do as it should be.

Cheryl - Saskatoon