Drop Box

Carole O'Mara

I have Drop Box on my MAC and would like to put it on my PC, where my embroidery designs are. When I purchase an embroidery design, can I put it into Drop Box on my MAC and then open it on the PC?  How do I then get it into HLS?
TIA,
Carole

Jim Stutsman

Each computer that Dropbox is installed on looks like a "place" in the file system on that computer. So to get a design into HLS you would just use the normal open function and go to Dropbox on the PC in the file open dialog.

Maria Morrow

Dropbox is yours anywhere you login to it.  If you login on your pc, mac,
Phone, tablet, it is there—-but it is there for anyone to see if you don’t have a password lock on your device.

I have benefited from Dropbox a thousand times in 5 years.  I can look at my recipes when at the grocery  store.   I can look at the quilt pattern to see how many yards of this or that I need.   I can send files to people anywhere, anytime.

You can have a lot more in Dropbox than you have space for on a device.   I have a lot of folders in the cloud that I don’t need all the time. I can mark those to be visible on a local device, and they take up space there;  or mark them for the cloud only.  Then I click on the glove up top (on my Mac) and can go directly to the cloud.

There is a learning curve...like everything.

My other favorite app is 1Password.  I have all my passwords, account numbers, etc in this app.  I login with the one password and choose what I want to login to. 1Password launches the web page and fills the username and password fields.  If I’m required to change the password, I can change it and 1Password asks me if I want to update it.  One caveat—if I ever forget that single password, the company itself (1Password) cannot and would not give it to me.  It is so heavily encrypted that they can never help you reset it.  I paid $50 for the lifetime app rather than a monthly maintenance amount.  Best app I’ve ever used.

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Oct 31, 2021, at 4:18 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Each computer that Dropbox is installed on looks like a "place" in the file system on that computer. So to get a design into HLS you would just use the normal open function and go to Dropbox on the PC in the file open dialog.

Carole O'Mara

Thank you Maria for your reply. I have Dropbox on my Mac so I need to get it onto the PC.  Once I do that, I assume I can put a design in Dropbox on my MAC, then open it on the PC. Do I then click/drag to HLS?  I just don’t know how to get the design out of Dropbox on the PC.  My PC friends are not embroiderers and don’t understand the HLS software.
Thanks,
Carole

On Oct 31, 2021, at 9:16 PM, Maria Morrow <mariamorrowquilter@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Carole.

I don’t know what HLS is, sorry.

Dropbox is like a file drawer.  All your files are in the cloud in Dropbox.  On any device where you login to Dropbox, you can see your files.

Yes if you save a design into a Dropbox folder on the Mac (or any device), you can open it on any other device where you’re logged into Dropbox, or you’re accessing Dropbox from explorer or Finder!

Maria Morrow
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Nov 10, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Carole O'Mara <caroleinco@...> wrote:

[...]

favymtz

HLS is Horizon LInk Suite. It's the program that comes with the 15000 machine. Horizon Link is used for the 12000, Embroidery Editor for the 500 series of embroidery machines, and AcuTools for the Skyline machine.
--
Favymtz

Fiona Williams

I wish my Horizon Link Suite would work but as it stands I cannot even load it on my computer. Contacted Janome they sent instructions and they didn’t work either so I have not even been able to even look at it. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

 Fiona

On Nov 10, 2021, at 5:01 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

HLS is Horizon LInk Suite. It's the program that comes with the 15000 machine. Horizon Link is used for the 12000, Embroidery Editor for the 500 series of embroidery machines, and AcuTools for the Skyline machine.
--
Favymtz

Lyn Quine

Which version of windows are you using on your computer?  Which version of HLS are you trying to load?

On 11 Nov 2021, at 10:28, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

 I wish my Horizon Link Suite would work but as it stands I cannot even load it on my computer. Contacted Janome they sent instructions and they didn’t work either so I have not even been able to even look at it. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

 Fiona

On Nov 10, 2021, at 5:01 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

HLS is Horizon LInk Suite. It's the program that comes with the 15000 machine. Horizon Link is used for the 12000, Embroidery Editor for the 500 series of embroidery machines, and AcuTools for the Skyline machine.
--
Favymtz

favymtz

Fiona,k Maybe you can let us know what message you're getting when you try to install the HLS and we can give some input.
--
Favymtz

Fiona Williams

Will Answer all questions later got to run to a Rememberance Day Ceremony.

Fiona

On Nov 11, 2021, at 6:06 AM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

 Which version of windows are you using on your computer?  Which version of HLS are you trying to load?

On 11 Nov 2021, at 10:28, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

 I wish my Horizon Link Suite would work but as it stands I cannot even load it on my computer. Contacted Janome they sent instructions and they didn’t work either so I have not even been able to even look at it. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

 Fiona

On Nov 10, 2021, at 5:01 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

HLS is Horizon LInk Suite. It's the program that comes with the 15000 machine. Horizon Link is used for the 12000, Embroidery Editor for the 500 series of embroidery machines, and AcuTools for the Skyline machine.
--
Favymtz

Fiona Williams

Sorry this took so long. So I went and played with it and I think the issue is I need to update the drivers in my CD reader but they want a subscription so I think it will be cheaper just to go buy a new one that is plug and play. Hopefully that solves my issue.

Fiona