Topics

Does FootBook auto update?

saba_cat2

Jim, What new feet, if any, have been added to the FootBook since your early February post?

Jim Stutsman

FootBook checks for updates every 24 hours. The last update was to add the M7 to the machine list. I'm aware of a new ruler foot, which we are waiting to get. Until we get it, there are no updates scheduled.

Nyssa Lanzafame

is the new ruler foot just for the the m7?

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 9:07 AM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
FootBook checks for updates every 24 hours. The last update was to add the M7 to the machine list. I'm aware of a new ruler foot, which we are waiting to get. Until we get it, there are no updates scheduled.

Jim Stutsman

JANE MORELAND

Is this new ruler foot different than the one that came with the 15000 or M7?

On Mar 16, 2020, at 4:24 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Elizabeth Mccall

Hi Jim, I am thinking of selling my 15000 for a smaller machine that I can take out of the house more easily.
How does the new M7 compare on size & weight  and ability to sew embroidery  or regular stitches. Does it use the same jump drives as the 15000 ?
Thanks for comparing the two .
Elizabeth Ann McCall
Western N C

Lyn Quine

The M7 is a sewing machine it isn’t a combination sewing/embroidery they are two different types of machines

Pixey

Hi Elizabeth,
I am not Jim...but the M7 is not an embroidery machine at all. It is straight sewing.

There have been prior discussion in the group on this topic and a number of us (myself included) got an Skyline S9 as a more portable, miniaturized version of a 15000.

Pixey

On Mar 16, 2020, at 1:08 PM, Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:

Hi Jim, I am thinking of selling my 15000 for a smaller machine that I can take out of the house more easily.
How does the new M7 compare on size & weight  and ability to sew embroidery  or regular stitches. Does it use the same jump drives as the 15000 ?
Thanks for comparing the two .
Elizabeth Ann McCall
Western N C

Cheryl Paul

Elizabeth,

The M7 is a huge, heavy sewing machine - not embroidery. I have both the 15000 and the M7. I have taken the 15000 out to classes, but I’m not sure I would EVER take my wonderful M7 out of my home except for servicing or a VERY special class. It is heavy and has a very large footprint, so it would not be easy to transport anywhere. I just want you to be aware of the inconvenience of taking either of these 2 machines out of your sewing room. They are both wonderful, but I must say that for just sewing I wouldn’t trade my M7 for any other, unless something more wonderful shows up in the future.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Cheryl Paul

Elizabeth, I also want you to know that I have the Skyline S9 as well and it is much easier to take to classes and it fits in my old Janome 11000 sewing bag - just with a bit of wiggle to make sure that the flywheel doesn’t get caught in the frame. It isn’t light but much easier to manage in a transporting situation.

Cheryl - Saskatoon