From: Jim_Stutsman
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:51 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Discovery: Using the Embroidery bobbin case

As those who have the machine know, the 12000 comes with a second bobbin case for use in embroidery. They recommend using that case and the straight stitch plate for embroidery. Diane just finished an experiment, stitching the same design on Minkee Blankee fabric. One was done with the embroidery case and straight stitch plate, the other with the regular case and plate. The same stabilizer and thread was used on each. The tops of both pieces were pretty much identical. On the back the one done with the embroidery case showed less bobbin thread and more top thread, an indication that the embroidery bobbin case is simply higher tension. Both pieces were excellent. This would suggest that it's perfectly acceptable to use the regular case and plate for embroidery.