Digitizer V5.5

Sharon Simmons

I am very frustrated and have tried just about everything to get the thumbprints back in my digitizer program.  I think now I have totally messed it up.  Jim, would you recommend removing the program entirely and then reinstalling it?  I have Windows 10 and it seems like every time it does an update, it upsets it.  Thank you for any advice.   Sharon

Jim Stutsman

I'm assuming that by "thumbprints" you mean having design files show the design in the icon. This is one of the biggest mistakes made in the design of Windows, as it assumes there is one, and only one, program to open a file of a given type. Consequently the link of icon to file type is constantly at risk of being changed if another program that uses those files is installed. This page does a decent job of explaining how to fix it. Note that you may have to do this multiple times for JEFJPXEMB, and other file types used by Digitizer. 

Sharon Simmons

Yes, I did mean having the design files show under the Manage tab.  Thank you, Jim. 

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Stutsman via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 8:53 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Digitizer V5.5

I'm assuming that by "thumbprints" you mean having design files show the design in the icon. This is one of the biggest mistakes made in the design of Windows, as it assumes there is one, and only one, program to open a file of a given type. Consequently the link of icon to file type is constantly at risk of being changed if another program that uses those files is installed. This page does a decent job of explaining how to fix it. Note that you may have to do this multiple times for JEFJPXEMB, and other file types used by Digitizer.