Digitizer Pro

bhoryn

A friend sent me this as she never used it.   I can’t seem to get it downloaded to my computer that is running Windows 10.     It doesn’t recognize the USB that came with it.   Thanks for any information. 

Beth in Ontario 

Jim Stutsman

Unfortunately that version of Digitizer does not work with Windows 10. It’s not even compatible with Windows 8. There isn’t much you can do unless you have an old Windows computer.

KewelAunty

I have Digitizer Pro V.1.  You need a Windows 10 dongle driver for digitizer embroidery software.  Google this and you should find a site SafeNet (a digitizer dongle supplier).  I did finally get my program to open and work.  

Sandy

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of bhoryn via groups.io <bhoryn@...>
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 1:26 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Digitizer Pro

A friend sent me this as she never used it.   I can’t seem to get it downloaded to my computer that is running Windows 10.     It doesn’t recognize the USB that came with it.   Thanks for any information. 

Beth in Ontario 

bhoryn

KewelAuntie

Thanks for the information.   Do you use it to digitize any of your designs.  Just wondering if it would be worth while to purchase the dongle.      Thanks.

On Monday, February 15, 2021, 10:03 PM, KewelAunty <kewelaunty@...> wrote:

I have Digitizer Pro V.1.  You need a Windows 10 dongle driver for digitizer embroidery software.  Google this and you should find a site SafeNet (a digitizer dongle supplier).  I did finally get my program to open and work.  

Sandy

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of bhoryn via groups.io <bhoryn@...>

Beth in Ontario 

Kaye Lessard

Good to know !
Kaye in La

KewelAunty

You do not need to buy a dongle.  The window 10 driver, which is free, is what you need to download.  I think I had to download something else to make the dongle work.  I am not at home at this time.  I am going to try to get digitizer pro on the laptop I am using at this time.  If I succeed, I will let you know just what you need to do.  It took me a lot of research to get the program and the dongle to work on windows 10.  I thought I had brought the programs I needed with me but I could not find them on my jump drives.  If I find them, I would gladly send them to you if you want to give me your email address.  I will be going home sometime in April and can send you the programs then if I do not find them before.

Sandy K.

Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Digitizer Pro

KewelAuntie

Thanks for the information.   Do you use it to digitize any of your designs.  Just wondering if it would be worth while to purchase the dongle.      Thanks.

Beth from Ontario 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Sandy

Beth in Ontario 

COLETTE VANNIMAN

I am also in need of knowing how to use my digitizer pro on my windows 10.  Will be watching for the post. Thanks, Colette

On 02/16/2021 7:32 PM KewelAunty <kewelaunty@...> wrote:

You do not need to buy a dongle.  The window 10 driver, which is free, is what you need to download.  I think I had to download something else to make the dongle work.  I am not at home at this time.  I am going to try to get digitizer pro on the laptop I am using at this time.  If I succeed, I will let you know just what you need to do.  It took me a lot of research to get the program and the dongle to work on windows 10.  I thought I had brought the programs I needed with me but I could not find them on my jump drives.  If I find them, I would gladly send them to you if you want to give me your email address.  I will be going home sometime in April and can send you the programs then if I do not find them before.

Sandy K.

KewelAuntie

Beth from Ontario 

Sandy

Beth in Ontario 

DIANNE COOPER

i also have and like digi pro   have the dongle but wish it would work on win 10   i am on win 7 pro.   are you saying you can make it work on win 10 if so please get back with me.   thank you   Dianne Cooper 

On 02/16/2021 9:32 PM KewelAunty <kewelaunty@...> wrote:

Sandy K.

KewelAuntie

Beth from Ontario 

Sandy

Beth in Ontario 

KewelAunty

Yes, it will work with windows 10.  Load Digitizer Pro on your computer. Do not open it.  Go to:  
https://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/software.html.  Download Digitizer Pro/MB Version 2.0K  and   Digitizer Pro/MB Version 2.0 Service Pack1.  
Be sure to read the update installation instructions.  You will also need to download a Windows 10 dongle driver for digitizer embroidery software.  I downloaded mine from:   
https://supportportal.thalesgroup.com/csm?sys_kb_id=61fb0ee1dbd2e78cfe0aff3dbf9619ab&id=kb_article_view&sysparm_rank=8&sysparm_tsqueryId=5b1f73701b122c10f2888739cd4bcbd7&sysparm_article=KB0018320.

My Digitizer Pro now opens on a Windows 10 computer.  I hope this works for the people who are in need of using DP with Windows 10.  If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me.

Sandy in Il.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of DIANNE COOPER <ditiques@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 7:58 AM

i also have and like digi pro   have the dongle but wish it would work on win 10   i am on win 7 pro.   are you saying you can make it work on win 10 if so please get back with me.   thank you   Dianne Cooper 
On 02/16/2021 9:32 PM KewelAunty <kewelaunty@...> wrote:

Sandy K.

KewelAuntie

Beth from Ontario 

Sandy

Beth in Ontario 

a67skc70

I am keeping my windows 7 for that very reason, a lot of the programs I need will not run on windows 10.
Linda

On Monday, February 15, 2021, 6:30:03 PM CST, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Unfortunately that version of Digitizer does not work with Windows 10. It’s not even compatible with Windows 8. There isn’t much you can do unless you have an old Windows computer.

Cheryl Paul

Beth,

I’ve had all the Digitizer Programs from Version Digitizer 10000, upgraded and all the version in-between to the very latest which is Digitizer V5.5.  It meant new dongles almost each time - the updates were free to fix “bugs” in the program or add something that was either forgotten or added to the Janome machine that corresponded to that version of software.  I would highly recommend that you try to at least upgrade to the Version 4 of the software as it will have bigger hoops to digitize larger designs and copy them to USB’s for use in an embroidery machine.  At Version 5 the software did a change and it was quite a surprise to me when I first loaded my program - it was almost like learning something altogether new.  I’ve gotten so that I can navigate in it but I wasn’t a very happy camper to begin with.  So what I’m trying to say is if you have a fairly new embroidery machine, you might want to get the new version and learn it instead of struggling with a program that is about 10 or more years old and doesn’t want to load onto your Windows 10 computer easily.  You will/may run into problems every time Windows does a major update and that is VERY frustrating.  If you have Janome embroidery machines it is the best program to use.  

Now if you are even thinking a little bit about digitizing, Janome has another program called Artistic Digitizer - it is not as expensive as Digitizer and if you haven’t digitized before now, you might want to consider that one.  Janome, in North America at least, seems to be moving in that direction.  Personally, I like Digitizer much more, but then it is familiar and Artistic seems quite foreign and difficult to move around to find “how” to do what I want, but that again is “learning”.  I’m 75 - not done wanting to learn, but I don’t really feel like taxing myself if the FUN is being lost in where the learning is happening.  Also right now Janome has Artistic Digitizer on a special where you can download it and use it for a limited time - you could try that.  I went down the “rabbit hole” to see if I could find the website, but didn’t.  Go to
www.janome.ca and look for the Janome Life Blog there and if anyone has information the Canadian Educators sure do (how can you tell I’m a Canadian).  

Cheryl - Saskatoon

bhoryn

Cheryl.      Thanks so very much for all this information.    I will have to rethink and ponder this for a while.    I want to keep my brain cells working (LOL) but wondering if I really want to go to the expense and the time spent learning how to digitize.  I know it would give me a sense of accomplishment to do it but.........   again.   Many thanks.   

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:22 PM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:

Beth,

I’ve had all the Digitizer Programs from Version Digitizer 10000, upgraded and all the version in-between to the very latest which is Digitizer V5.5.  It meant new dongles almost each time - the updates were free to fix “bugs” in the program or add something that was either forgotten or added to the Janome machine that corresponded to that version of software.  I would highly recommend that you try to at least upgrade to the Version 4 of the software as it will have bigger hoops to digitize larger designs and copy them to USB’s for use in an embroidery machine.  At Version 5 the software did a change and it was quite a surprise to me when I first loaded my program - it was almost like learning something altogether new.  I’ve gotten so that I can navigate in it but I wasn’t a very happy camper to begin with.  So what I’m trying to say is if you have a fairly new embroidery machine, you might want to get the new version and learn it instead of struggling with a program that is about 10 or more years old and doesn’t want to load onto your Windows 10 computer easily.  You will/may run into problems every time Windows does a major update and that is VERY frustrating.  If you have Janome embroidery machines it is the best program to use.  

Now if you are even thinking a little bit about digitizing, Janome has another program called Artistic Digitizer - it is not as expensive as Digitizer and if you haven’t digitized before now, you might want to consider that one.  Janome, in North America at least, seems to be moving in that direction.  Personally, I like Digitizer much more, but then it is familiar and Artistic seems quite foreign and difficult to move around to find “how” to do what I want, but that again is “learning”.  I’m 75 - not done wanting to learn, but I don’t really feel like taxing myself if the FUN is being lost in where the learning is happening.  Also right now Janome has Artistic Digitizer on a special where you can download it and use it for a limited time - you could try that.  I went down the “rabbit hole” to see if I could find the website, but didn’t.  Go to
www.janome.ca and look for the Janome Life Blog there and if anyone has information the Canadian Educators sure do (how can you tell I’m a Canadian).  

Cheryl - Saskatoon