Topics

Digitizer MBX upgrade - was Re: New to Group

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Here's what I think has happened. This is only my opinion, as I have no way of knowing the facts.

In September at Janome Institute I learned that the Digitizer MBX update was in the warehouse in Australia, ready to ship. Janome then had to order the product and have it shipped to Japan. Then the various country offices ordered from Japan. Orders don't get shipped until a sea container is full. That means enough other stuff has to be ordered to get the container full. Then it hits the water, sails to the US, and goes through Customs. All this can take a few weeks. Then Janome fills the orders that were placed at Janome Institute. Most likely they only ordered enough product to cover the orders from Institute, but not much more. Only a lot of dealers didn't order at Institute, because they wanted to have an idea how many of their customers would want to upgrade. So the first shipment was instantly sold out, starting another wait for another container.

This process is as frustrating for dealers as it is for their customers. It's even worse for small dealers, because backorders get filled for the top dealers first. This whole procedure has never made sense to me, especially since Toyota has shown other Japanese companies how to get car parts from Japan to the US within 4 hours of going into a car!

Bottom line - don't be mad at your dealer. It's not his/her fault!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Marla Cooprider <m1955seamstress@...> wrote:

Is the upgrade now available for the Digitizer Pro to the newest Digitizer MBX?  My dealer owes me the upgrade as part of my upgrade to the 12000!  Last I checked my dealer said the upgrade was not out yet.  That was maybe a week or so ago.

Marla

Patricia Ward

Thanks, Jim, I was wondering if it was something like that... shipping.  I ordered the MBX upgrade from Digitizer Jr on Oct 1-- I just talked to my dealer last week and he is still waiting for them too.  He hadn't even been notified that they are coming soon.  Frustrating for all involved.

Pat

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Jim_Stutsman <jim@...> wrote:
Here's what I think has happened. This is only my opinion, as I have no way of knowing the facts.

This process is as frustrating for dealers as it is for their customers. It's even worse for small dealers, because backorders get filled for the top dealers first. This whole procedure has never made sense to me, especially since Toyota has shown other Japanese companies how to get car parts from Japan to the US within 4 hours of going into a car!

Bottom line - don't be mad at your dealer. It's not his/her fault!

m1955seamstress

I'm sure that's probably true.

Just wondered if it was out yet.  At the moment I don't even have my machine as my dealer is either repairing or replacing mine. :(

Would love it when I get my machine back or a replacement, I could also pick up the upgrade since I'm an hour away.  But he said he could mail it to me once it comes in the store.

I have a really nice dealer and he has been working with me on the issues with my machine.

Marla

--- In janome12000@..., Marla Cooprider wrote:

> Is the upgrade now available for the Digitizer Pro to the newest Digitizer MBX?  My dealer owes me the upgrade as part of my upgrade to the 12000!  Last I checked my dealer said the upgrade was not out yet.  That was maybe a week or so ago.
>
> Marla

Andrea LaVergne

A question regarding the use of XP on the MAC with the new
Digitizer upgrade. Janome is recommending that MBX V4 be
used on Vista or 7 but not XP because of Coral Draw. Have
you tried it on XP on a MAC? I hated Vista, so I kept XP, but
do I need to make a Windows upgrade for best performance?
Andrea

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

This past weekend we did seminars in Michigan. I had Digitizer MBX on two virtual machines, one with Windows 7 and the other with XP. Due to the fact that I was using our "traveling" computer, there were just enough hardware differences that Windows 7 demanded to be activated and Microsoft denied activation. So I was forced to use XP for my seminars. Fortunately it worked perfectly, including Corel Draw. I have not noticed that Windows 7 offers any better performance than XP - they seem about equal to me.