Topics

Customizer 10000 plus ver.3

Shirley Taylor

My computer died and I now have to figure out what programs to put on my new PC with Win 10 Office 365. My Janome 10001 is rather old but not used often.  I would like to introduce my g granddaughter to it so need to have the customizer in place to use the downloaded designs that I have. Now I do not remember what the problem was with the 64 bit drive, but could never get the program from Janome to make it work  onto the computer .  Will it work on the new computer?.  I have the designs that I had downloaded from Embroidery library on the new one, but they do not open and I assume it is because I do not have the customizer .Since I have to copy the design to a flash drive and put it on an older computer with XP to get the files onto the card my thinking is to just move the files to the old computer.  It works fine, but can not use on the internet.  I really lost interest in using it when I had to get my computer that just died as it was 64 bit drive and I could not get the designs to the machine with the cord.  I am not too skilled with computers, and am overwhelmed with all the new things.  But this is a perfectly good machine for what I did with it and I have a lots of designs just never got around to doing anything with them after I had to do the work around to get them to the machine.

Jim Stutsman

You will need to install Customizer 10000 V3 on your new PC. It should work without much fuss, though you may need to right click the icon and choose to run it in compatibility mode. However you cannot connect your Windows 10 computer to the 10001 by USB, as there is no 64-bit driver for that. What you can do is connect the USB adapter that you use on the XP computer to load cards to your Windows 10 box. The driver for that should be built into Windows 10 and will install automatically the first time you plug it in.

Shirley Taylor

I used a card reader to put the design onto the card that went in the sewing machine.  Is there something different?

Jim Stutsman

No, the card reader you currently use should work on Windows 10, as long as it plugs into a USB port.

Tracy

Shirley -

Your Customizer 10K Plus will work just fine on Windows 10.  Just install it.  There isn't a problem with 64bit vs 32bit like with other operating systems.  I did this when I got Windows 10.  And- I use it alot to make sure designs I download from online work right and open.  That being said - most of the time I copy/paste designs from my computer to the compact reader/writer that I have the flash card inserted into.  Most of my editing can be done on the machine so I don't worry about using the Customoer program to send designs to the machine.  I use the Gigahoop probram if I am doing a large design that needs to be split.

I also look at designs using the free Wilcom Truesizer program.  It will let me resize and adjust the stitch count but that is about the only editing that I do with it that I can't do on my MC10001 unless I need to change a format on a design - but that isn't often.  If I do alter a design - I just change the file name slightly so that it won't overwrite the original design when I save it to my computer.

Thanks for sharing your love of sewing and embroidery with your granddaughter!!  She'll be able to embellish her clothes and do gifts for her friends in no time!!

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Shirley Taylor

I can not figure out how to install the Customizer program.  Will have to get some help.  Just been way too busy .  This isn't the easiest new computer for me to use.  I am so sad but know when I get it down I will be okay with it.  Just have to get it figured out.

Tracy

Shirley-
Put the cd into your computer's drive and it will start the installation program and you just follow the prompts from the Install Wizard.  It works well on Windows 10.
Tracy in Nashville, TN

Cheryl Paul

Shirley,  Are you sure that your Customizer program is compatible with Windows 10?  At some point programs we bought years ago become obsolete, just like our old Windows programs from the computer we used when we bought our embroidery machine and the software that went with it as well.  Change can be good, but isn't necessarily what we expect when it happens too quickly for use.  If you can keep the old computer working, that might be  your easiest and best option to continue with your Customizer program.  That isn't always possible but a possible solution to the problem.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Tracy

Cheryl-
When my operating system changed from Windows XP to Vista - I had all sorts of issues with my Customizer 10K+ program.  But was able to download the MBX version from the Janome site and that let it work for me.  I lost the ability to open/read/transfer ".sew" files tho.  No fun but I could open them in Truesizer from Wilcom and convert to jef, then use them with Customizer.

Fast forward to Windows 10.  I wasn't sure it would work - but figured I'd try.  Popped the cd into my cd drive and uploaded the program.  It's working beautifully!  And all the .sew files also work once again without having to convert them to jef first.  I just used the Install Wizard and followed the prompts to put the program on my laptop.  I'm loving it!!

So- not all "old" programs go by the wayside with new technology available.  I agree that some does.  But this program works great!
Tracy