Custom Thread Colors

dkuhlman4891

I found in the instruction manual that I can change the names of embroidery thread colors in specific designs, but is there a way that I can actually add a brand that is not in the baseline machine (ie Floriani). I was sure they showed us how to do this at Institute, but now that I am sitting in front of my machine, I am wondering if I heard what I thought I heard. I was so awestruck at seeing 40 Horizon 12000's side by side in the class rooms - I may have missed something.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

If you have Digitizer MBX you can put your own custom colors into a design using whatever brand of thread you like. You must then use the SET screen, embroidery mode, to set the "Retain original color" option. Otherwise whatever brand you choose will translate the color code embedded in the design (limited to the 78 Janome colors) to the corresponding color in your chosen brand. Unfortunately that does not include Floriani.